[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yesterday I fell for the SSD meme and I'm having problems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Yesterday I fell for the SSD meme and I'm having problems trying to move just my OS to the stupid thing. My original HDD is over 400gb and the SSD is only 250. I have no clue how to do this though
>>
I assume from the difficulty you are experiencing that you are running Windows?

If so, just backup and install fresh.
>>
>>53787659
You're right about Windows lol

I'd rather not do a fresh install if I don't /have/ to
>>
Step 1: Clone drive with macrium reflect
Step 2: There is no step 2
>>
>>53787628
>I'm having problems trying to move just my OS to the stupid thing
>My original HDD is over 400gb
>the SSD is only 250.
>I have no clue how to do this though
>>53787805
>Windows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_C4fTWais
>>
>>53787833
I'm downloading it now
>>
>>53787628
If you're too stupid to figure it out, you should just do a clean install.
>>
Install Gentoo
>>
>>53787958
Took longer than expected for someone to say this
>>
>>53787833
I clones the System Reserved, but I'm still not able to do anything with the main bulk of my shit
>>
>>53788035
Cloned*
>>
I'll send someone $10 through PayPal if they can help me with this. I know I shouldn't be this incompetent, but I've been away from tech stuff for a while
>>
copy

paste
>>
>>53787628
mv /mnt/C: /mnt/D:
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.