[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tmg/ - Tesla Motors General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: tmg.png (99 KB, 671x411) Image search: [Google]
tmg.png
99 KB, 671x411
Less than 24 hours until the reveal of the new model 3. Who /hype/ here?
>>
>>53785693
me :)
>>
i'm watching tesla videos now to quell my excitement. It's a shame I'll never own one :(
>>
Where can I watch the live stream of the event?
>>
File: 1428293632727.jpg (59 KB, 521x476) Image search: [Google]
1428293632727.jpg
59 KB, 521x476
>>53786177
Thats poorfag talk. Go out there and earn some fucking money.
>>
>>53786217
fair comment, i'll earn p eventually but it'll be a while before I pay off loans and move to the 'burbs where parking and charging it will be more realistic.
>>
File: 1411435177210.gif (167 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1411435177210.gif
167 KB, 320x240
>>53786177
never say never anon
>>
What is it about Tesla which makes non-car-guys like them?

I mean, they're nice cars, but I don't get why there's a special subset of people who like Tesla but not Aston Martin or Porsche.
I met somebody one who said her dream car was "Either a Tesla or a Prius".

Can you fags explain it?
Also, why is this not on /o/?
>>
>>53786691
You've never driven one before, have you? It's smooth, it has super strong acceleration and it's silent. Only cars that double its price can compete.
>>
>>53786745
You've never driven a fast car at all before, have you?

But seriously, I agree with you - Tesla makes nice cars.
I just don't get why their fanbase *only* like Teslas.

They're like the iPhones or the Glocks of the car world.
>>
this thread is not /o/ approved.
>>
>>53786691
Because it's not a gasoline car, but a computer on wheels.
>>
>>53786192
at their website, at 8:30pm california time = 5:30am europe :(
>>
>>53786769
>you've never driven a fast car at all before, have you?
not him, and no I haven't, but as he said, only cars at double the price (and a model S isn't cheap itself) compete with its speed. Have you driven in a 250,000+ dollar car before?
>>
So the price is 35k - government incentives. Anyone know the after incentives price? Still waiting for VW to buy back my "clean" diesel.
>>
I can't wait to buy a used model 3 in 5 years for 10k or less.

so I'm excited for my future self.
>>
>>53787044
That's just completely and utterly false though.

It's fast 0-60.
It's slow beyond that.
It handles like a luxury car.

You're literally no different to an Apple fanboy.
Teslas are nice cars, but you're imbuing them with mystical powers because of the marketing.
>>
>>53787057
In Quebec, for the Model S it's 8k.
>>
>>53787084
I totally agree, I'm not rational anymore. sorry!
I feel pretty terrible for never having driven 90 mph in my life so far :(.
>>
>>53787084
What this guy said. The tech on a Tesla is cool, but for what I want in a car it's just not for me. Hopefully the new Tesla is reasonably priced. Will be interesting to see what happens to the company now that Musk got cucked.
>>
>>53787177
what do you want in a car?
Outrageous safety and acceleration and futureproofness isn't enough?
>>
>>53786177
You say that now...but ten years from now they'll at least have an average Joe priced model
>>
>>53787200
A fun personality. Something that can be challenging to drive at its limits. I don't want a fucking comfortbox that can drive itself because I can't be bothered.
>>
>>53787224
I guess you have a point there. I can imagine a lot of my friends would feel the same, they've all been talking about their favorite cars since high school after all. Didn't think I'd find people like that on /g/.
>>
>>53787200
I want a fun car.
A car which I can genuinely enjoy while driving.

Even Tesla drivers don't want to drive them - so they get the autopilot stuff.
>>
>>53787251
We like technology, cars are technology.
There's also probably loads of overlap between /g/ and /k/.
>>
>>53787251
I spent a fair amount of time on /o/ before buying my last car. I love tech, but just not in my car. I drive a small manual 2.0 liter turbo. When I get out on some twisty two lane back roads I turn off traction control and have an absolute blast. I fully appreciate what Tesla is doing, but a full sized sedan with quick 0-60 is just not for me.
>>
>>53787253
there's plenty of stories about people who just love their tesla so much they drive it out every night before they go to sleep. What car brands have the kind of community like teslamotorsclub.com? International meetings for people with the same car? I probably have a fair amount of brainwashing and indoctrination behind me, but it does seem to be more than with others. My point is that there are a lot of people who enjoy their Tesla in a way unknown to most casual drivers. That doesn't keep you from needing something else to enjoy, but it shows that there does seem to be something special about the car, more than just being a very luxurious and high-tech one.
>>
>>53787329
>What car brands have the kind of community like teslamotorsclub.com? International meetings for people with the same car?
Oh gee, I dunno. How about pretty much every popular sports car on the planet?

>but it shows that there does seem to be something special about the car
It's called marketing.
Why do you think Apple owners can be so fanatical about their computers and phones?
>>
>>53787329
There are car clubs for tons of models. I think there are people who love them because they are new, different, and unique. They are genuinely nice cars, and it is nice to see people enjoying the hobby. They are just not for me.
>>
>>53787369
ok, sorry, I genuinely didn't know. Nothing special about Tesla then, apart from a seemingly succesful marketing team.
>>
>>53787411
Oh they are special. I just prefer petroleum based cars for the ability to work on them. Tinker and improve performance. I am sure some of that may be in Tesla's future, but will probably be in the form of software.
>>
>>53787411
Don't get me wrong, they're fantastic cars and I'd love to own one.
I just think it's weird how there are people who don't like anything else.
>>
>>53786691
Guilty as charged. I would never buy a car, I don't need one. And yet I often catch myself thinking how cool it would be to own a Tesla. I think it's just the hype. I love Tesla's vision about a future where everyone drives electric, where everyone has a solar panel on his house to charge his car and his house battery. So even if I have no real need for it, I feel the desire to contribute to this future. Teslas being nice cars is just a plus, really.
>>
Holy shit guys! Do you see what I see? Two people with different opinions exchanging ideas in an orderly manner, on 4chan. I don't think I saw this before desu
>>
File: 1431222312068.png (453 KB, 832x832) Image search: [Google]
1431222312068.png
453 KB, 832x832
>>53787599
Three people you fucking piece of shit.
>>
>>53786691
They dont make a compelling and affordable full electric model yet.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.