[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he a liar? He looks like one. Personally, I don't think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
File: Edward_Snowden-2.jpg (211 KB, 576x694) Image search: [Google]
Edward_Snowden-2.jpg
211 KB, 576x694
Is he a liar? He looks like one.

Personally, I don't think the constitution would allow the NSA to do anything like that anyway.
>>
>Alphabet Soup agency
>Following the constitution

NSA is spying on everybody (Hi guys!), ATF wants all your guns etc etc
>>
>>53775897
Yeah sure, the government would kill him for telling stupid little 'lies'.
>>
He's a traitor and hopefully once Trump is elected and repairs our relationship with Russia we can see this fucker get what he deserves.
>>
> that molely neck
Gross desu
>>
For all we know he's still working with the gov't and this whole fiasco is leading to something else. We just don't know, anon.
>>
>>53775897
At least put some effort into it.
>>
>>53776297
You fuckin idiot, America wouldn't be what it is today without traitors. We are a nation born of government traitors and each one that exposes corruption or a lack of ethical standards in the government comes with it sweeping change and call to action that improves us as a whole. People died for gay rights and equality in Russia and it didn't do shit. Guess what, all it took for the same rights to be instated in America was a little bit of gumption and the will to believe change can be made. Edward Snowden knew that he would be remebered as a hero whether or not he died. He sacrificed his citizenship and risked his life for the sake of the people because he believed that the actions of the NSA were unequoivically immoral and deceptive. I bet you don't even have the balls to speak out against your government. You probably sit in your computer chair all day pretending to be just as well educated and dedicated as the majority of the men and women that make up our government. You disgust me, and you should be disgusted with yourself.
>>
He is a liar, I store every personal file on Dropbox and I never got spied on.
>>
>>53776786
It's still incredibly funny to me that one of the reasons America became a country is because the brits taxed tea too much.
>>
you know, he actually promised to hand himself over under the condition he gets a fair trail. The answer was a letter where they promised him he wouldn't be tortured.
>>
Are you implying the NSA gives a fuck about the Constitution?

The only thing he could possibly be lying about is whether or not he gave copies of the data to China and/or Russia. I don't believe he did, but even if he did it's still the NSA's fault for starting these kinds of programs and providing him with the opportunity in the first place.
>>
>>53777603
If you believe that was the main reason you are an uneducated retard. But then again this IS 4chan afterall.
Its like believing that main reason for WW1 was assassination of austrian duke. Yea right.
>>
>>53777702
I said ONE of the reasons.
>>
Citizenfour is one of the best movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>53775962
No we're not
>>
>>53775897
>muh constitution
Black Ops don't give a fuck about that book.
>>
>thinking the US government runs on humanism
>thinking we have inalienable rights
>thinking the US won't fuck everyone over if it results in maintaining power and status
>thinking rights are there for everyone not just white/wealthy aristocrats

oh boy
>>
Yes, he lied about everything for no good reason just to have to move to Russia to evade the consequence of death by espionage.

.. Edward Snowden is probably one of the most honest people to come out of this mass, discreet violation of the 'right' to privacy. You obviously see the watermarks on the leaked documents, what more do you need? It would be mental and inane to lie about the smaller details. Moreover, the government wouldn't even give much of a shit if he was just spreading bullocks. He'd just be fired and that's it.
>>
>>53775897
Goy
Shill
Kiked.
>>
>>53777722
coffee is better anyway.
>>
File: 000087156.jpg (61 KB, 560x375) Image search: [Google]
000087156.jpg
61 KB, 560x375
>>53775897
He's a weeaboo. You know those people can't be trusted.
>>
>>53779606
He's also a MGS2 fan.

I wonder if it inspired him.
>>
>>53779606
Hi JTRIG response team
>>
He looks just like me
>>
>>53775897

M O S C O W
O
S
C
O
W
>>
>>53779606
>age 37
>born 83
>>
Damn commie fled to the evil empire to suck Putin's cock for safe haven.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vILAlhwUgIU
>>
>>53777481
How do you know?
>>
>>53781584
Yeah. He should have stayed and lived the rest of his days in a Supermax instead.
>>
>>53777659
He shouldn't come back even if he does get a fair trial. The average citizen is a pleb who doesn't understand the weight of this whole situation. The media painted him as a traitor to the US and the uninformed and technologically challenged just ate that shit up. He would almost certainly be convicted. It's better for him if he's over there. And at least he can still communicate with us to some extent. You can't do that in prison.

Also the Government could just lie, say they'll give him a fair trial and then just not do it. It's not worth the risk.
>>
>>53781584

Dumbass State Department pulled his passport during a layover in Russia. He didn't have a choice.

In any case, given every Western Country's proclivity to bend over for the American dick on command, what choice in countries did he really have? Western Europe is so afraid of America that they grounded a presidential plane because there was a slight suspicion thst Snowden might have been on the flight.
>>
>>53781669

There's no "public benefit" defense under the espionage act. The statute is binary: either you released documents or you didn't. The fact that the documents undercovered unconstitutional acts by the government is immaterial, as is the fact that he took extreme measures to ensure only the documents of public benefit were released.

The only way he would receive a fair trial is if the statute is fundamentally altered.
>>
>>53775897
have you ever read a History book, you fucking retard?
>>
Have you even read the fucking documents?

1) Yes, the NSA spyonage is true.
2) No, by law, our fucking Constitution, NSA has forbidden to do what they please, specially to US citizens.
3) NSA can only act freely if the government approved it by using the 9/11 law, this means, you have to be considered a potential terrorist in order to be spied by the NSA.
>>
>>53781669
He knows that he'll probably get convicted. He just doesn't want to go to prison for 35 years like Manning in a secret trial. Manning is still tortured by the way.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 274x184) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 274x184
>>53781767

>you have to be a terrorist to be spyed on by the NSA

Pic related Abdullah Merkel
>>
>>53781767
The NSA was already wiretapping all phone calls and text messages before 9/11.
>>
File: 1453983118354.jpg (13 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1453983118354.jpg
13 KB, 319x320
>>53781767
>, you have to be considered a potential terrorist in order to be spied by the NSA.
>>
jesus christ the amount of FUD in this thread is absurd
anyone who thinks there aren't government misinfo agents posting here just needs to look at this thread
>>
>>53781767

>you have to be considered a potential terrorist to be spied by the NSA

That's so wrong, idk where to start.

The NSA logs all internet data and can query it at will, with virtually no oversight.
https://theintercept.com/2015/07/01/nsas-google-worlds-private-communications/

The NSA is building the largest database on your activities and sharing it with local cops routinely.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-watch/wp/2016/03/10/surprise-nsa-data-will-soon-routinely-be-used-for-domestic-policing-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-terrorism/

The NSA routinely violates even the most lax restricts on its power. Including 2,776 violations in 2014 alone.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/nsa-broke-privacy-rules-thousands-of-times-per-year-audit-finds/2013/08/15/3310e554-05ca-11e3-a07f-49ddc7417125_story.html

Lastly, these programs have done fuck all to stop any terrorist attacks, despite their devastating cost in civil liberties.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/other/nsa-program-stopped-no-terror-attacks-says-white-house-panel-f2D11783588
>>
File: 1388748647715.gif (833 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1388748647715.gif
833 KB, 200x150
>>53775897
>>
>>53781924
>implying you can trust a website like washingtonpost that relies on ads to make money

sensationalist clickbait like this should be outlawed

and thats not even mentioning the irony of them complaining about privacy when their cookies and ads dont care
>>
Hes a cuck who supports antique farming equipment lives
>>
>>53781965

Ok, so look at the source material then.
>>
File: haha.png (466 KB, 619x706) Image search: [Google]
haha.png
466 KB, 619x706
>>53775897
hello cia
>>
I want to fuck him.
>>
File: tumblr_n4o7uo8vVt1qjjrq2o1_400.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n4o7uo8vVt1qjjrq2o1_400.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>53781999
Hi
>>
Would you be able to do what he did?

I myself am too pussy for that.
>>
He's the JC Denton of our age
>Young
>used to work for govenrment
>found out the truth and turned against them
>labelled a terrorist
>flew to China
>>
>>53782006
His leaks would have been a failure if he wasn't attractive.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.