[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apple OS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/,

Apple will change the name of OS X in future versions to macOS.
In fact, there will be a macOS 11 this year.

Apples OS lineup will be the following:
tvOS
iOS
watchOS
macOS

ITT: Discuss
>>
Cool.
>>
>>53767802
I mean, this is gonna change literally nothing but I think I prefer the name macOS. It makes much more sense given how versions are now released.
>>
OS X is obsolete. It'll be replaced by iOS.
>>
>>53770051
Nice meme
>>
>>53770189
You know it'll happen. It's already happening to Windows and Android.
>>
>>53770282
http://www.cnet.com/news/apple-made-25b-from-enterprise-business-in-a-year-cook-says/
>Apple CEO Tim Cook on Tuesday dismissed the assumption that Apple will merge its iOS mobile software with its OS X computer software -- which means iPads and Macs are going to stay separate products even with all the new similarities between them.

>We don't believe in having one operating system for PC and mobile
>>
>>53770398
Apple said the stylus was obsolete when revealing the new iPhone. Now the iPad Pro includes one. Apple will change their mind again.
>>
>>53770549
I wouldn't really classify a stylus that you needed to use the screen and a pen that you use for drawing as the same thing
>>
>>53767802
iOS X is going to come out this year! Desktop mode when?
>>
>>53770620
You're right. My argument was shitty. Let's see what the future holds.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.