[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these is better? >But OP, you faggot; Laptops f
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: dell.jpg (71 KB, 1187x455) Image search: [Google]
dell.jpg
71 KB, 1187x455
Which of these is better?

>But OP, you faggot; Laptops for gaeming is a noobtrap!

Yea, well, my budget and need for a laptop require me to choose one over a desktop. And It'd be nice to have the option of doing shit other than homework.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834298771

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834154112
>>
>>53767748
>homework

you need to be 18+ to post here.

also, take your stupid questions to /sqt/
>>
>>53767748
>$800 laptop
>performs like a $400 desktop
>basic laptops, Thinkpads, etc can be had for like $200
>can't afford both

Get your life anon
>>
>>53767791
>implying college doesn't have homework

Fuck yourself, ignorant tripfag
>>
>>53767748
>I play videogame while doing my homework starter pack
>>
>>53767748
Are any games you plan on playing CPU intensive?
>>
>>53767748
>too dumb to read specs and search for reviews

>>53767791
>also, take your stupid questions to /sqt/
this
>>
I'd go with MSI, OP, ignore the trolls
>>
gaming laptops are heavy, shit battery and depreciate in value quickly
>>
Asus rog's have the greatest cooling and price per preformance
>>
>>53767748

I'd go for the MSI.

The 960m actually performs pretty well for an integrated laptop chip. Much better than I thought it would.

http://youtu.be/zaVaEaznb1k

http://youtu.be/rnrhst2O7sY

https://youtu.be/4bKYZ0smEHo
>>
>>53768301
>going with ascuck
>wanting to have a laptop that looks like a jet fighter and screams "gamur here"

OP either buy a MSI that looks decent or a Clevo/Sager/Eurocom laptop
>>
>>53767748
OP, if budget is a concern then I'd suggest the following:

GET A GODDAMN DESKTOP YOU WORTHLESS FAGGOT

Use your phone for anything mobile-related; if you actually somehow need to run x86 software that has no decent equivalent in android, then for god's sake get on wifi and fire up an RDP session to your desktop using splashtop or chrome remote desktop or something like that. I can fucking play Civilization V on my phone with that technology.

This also allows you to SAVE MONEY by buying a much cheaper desktop which will also be MORE POWERFUL and UPGRADABLE.

gaming laptops are for retards and you should never get a more powerful graphics package in a laptop than an iGPU/APU.
>>
>>53768308

Looks better than a PS4 anyway
>>
>>53767791
Some people here aren't dropouts
>>
File: 1455656230529.png (283 KB, 460x460) Image search: [Google]
1455656230529.png
283 KB, 460x460
>>53767748
If there is one thing we know OP hates, it's doing his homework.

Da dum tsst
>>
>>53768296
>gaming laptops are heavy, shit battery and depreciate in value quickly

true, true, not really true
>>
>>53768819
they do, though. upgrading them is a hack job at best, and since they start out barely able to push modern games through, they quickly become outdated.
>>
Got the dell with the 4k screen for media on my projector and some light away from desktop gaiming and it's held up pretty well, it's certainly not gonna ultra most games but high medium on most, and ultra/4k on source games. Battery life is around 4-5 hours for general web shit and about two for intense gaming. Heat is okay, butvif you're used to flipping the laptop over for better airflow when you're not using it, it won't work. The heat just bunches up in the middle top of the keyboard. Not sure if the fans stay on while the laptop is closed.
>>
>>53767748
The dell has a better CPU while also having the same gpu. The cooling is worse and it's more of an ultrabook than a gaming laptop. If you want the performance just get the dell. The guys suggesting msi didn't even look at the shit.
>>
>>53768150
oh woo wee, anon is in college, such a grownup, very adult
>>
>>53768760
I'm a software engineer :^)
>>
>>53770128
You act like a teenager sooooo ...
>>
>>53767748
For real though you have to be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
>>53768693
>fire up an RDP session to your desktop using splashtop or chrome remote desktop

I'm not op and don't plan to fall for the gayman laptop meme, but this interests me. Could you explain this to me? Might try it with my meh-tier laptop.
>>
>>53770164
And you're acting like a complete child.

What an autist guys, let's point and laugh at him.
>>
>>53770291
holy shit you got me, I'm an autist hanging out in 4chan

what are the odds
>>
>>53767748
>buys laptop because of budget
wat?
>>
>>53767748

The one with 4GB VRAM.

So you can get an A in your CAD class ;)
>>
>>53767748
get a thinkpad used for like $100 and build a desktop. Anything else is just being a faggot
>>
>>53767748
>anything msi. ever.
>>
>>53770128
How typical of a tripfag to act like an entitled piece of shit.
>>
Check acer's predator line. Have read good things about them.
>>
>>53768693
You know, intel cpus are actually apus too.

Op just get a normal-looking laptop with a 960m. There are lots of them and they're cheaper than gaymur laptops. You just have to look for them, once you buy a laptop you're probably going to stick with it. With a desktop you can make a mistake and easily correct it by selling/returning the part you don't like after all and getting the one that suits you better.
>>
>>53772704
>You know, intel cpus are actually apus too
No they aren't. intel decided to not adopt the "apu" monicker.
>>
>>53772745
True, but technically they are apus.
>>
>>53767791
fuckin rekt!
>>
>>53771801
It makes sense. If I had to choose one or the other I'd pick a laptop over a powerful desktop. Fuck not having a laptop for class. Writing on paper is caveman shit
>>
>>53770251
Seconding this
>>
>>53767748
Objectively, the Dell is better, but the msi comes with a backpack (if that matters to you)
However, the dell's m.2 drive is sata, not pci-e. and you'll want to get another 8 gig stick of ram and upgrade the wifi module to intel 8260.
do that, and you'll have a great time.
>>
Just make sure to avoid 1366x768.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.