[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did Windows Phone go wrong? No apps? Was it Microsoft
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
Where did Windows Phone go wrong?

No apps?
Was it Microsoft telling 7.5 users their phone is no good and they have to buy a new one for WP8?

Was it Microsoft dicking around with making more shitty phones and not having a proper flagship?

Was it the Lumia writeoff?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-30-15-08-05.png (2 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-30-15-08-05.png
2 MB, 1440x2560
>>53763512
I went onto my android.

It's keepig me happy until I order the next win phone
>>
No apps
8.1 is abandonware
10 is perpetual beta
Shitty default apps
Constantly starting over from scratch
No Snapchat

You fuckers killed Nokia. I'm still mad.
>>
>>53763512
>Where did Windows Phone go wrong?
It didn't.

It just works.
>>
>>53763624
Kek
>>
>>53763512
you cant go wrong if you weren't good in the firstplace
>>
>>53763653
Lumia was good under Nokia, then everything went shit after Microcuck bought it.
>>
>>53763512 see >>53763618

All I wanted was a podcasting app, that was it dude. I had a 520, 635, 640 and a 928. I tried them because at each time I thought maybe it's just because this phone is shitty lemme try a better model, it wasn't the hardware.

It literally does not matter what app you are using or what you are doing. It's going to fucking crash, if it was just the fact that it doesn't have apps, but its not, the ones that exist dont work, I don't know why I don't care why I just want them to work and they don't.

Windows Phone is just a feature phone with a full HTML browser, it will never be anything else.
>>
>>53763512
>design
No matter how much few people keep shilling, most Windows phones are ugly as fuck and look even cheaper than they are.

>Association with Windows
Nobody actually likes Windows, people tolerate it because of muh games or muh office, use it because they can't use anything else but nobody WANTS to use it. They should've called them Microsoft Phones or some shit.

>no apps
They lack the basic shit people want to use.

>no selling point
People buy Apple because of the premium experience, Android for muh ricing and because they were dirt cheap. Why would anybody pick up a Windows phone?
>>
File: microsoft.png (1 MB, 1300x4704) Image search: [Google]
microsoft.png
1 MB, 1300x4704
>>53763512
>>
I wish Windows Phone would have taken off. When Windows Phone 7 was a thing the phones were cheap and easy to use so I recommended it to my parents. I borrowed a Samsung Focus and it worked well (aside from an incredible shitty PenTile display). Some features were missing and the app selection was even shittier than it is now, but the UI was amazing and the OS performed well. Microsoft abandoned WP7 and rewrote everything for 8 (meaning no updates for the WP7 phones), then M$ rewrote the OS again for 10. No wonder they can't get developers when they would have to rewrite apps for each release. It's sad, really. The hardware is great, the UI for 7 and 8 was completely original and surprisingly intuitive, and it's as smooth as ever. But none of that matters when basic functionality isn't there. There isn't even a functioning web browser on that platform (all the users I've asked hate IE).

>>53764510
is this the new pasta?
>>
I really tried switching to a 640. The only thing I miss is the god tier Youtube app. I don't miss how laggy and incompatible with everything it was. Even WP10's Edge browser is shit.
>>
File: 1459146876282.png (50 KB, 293x281) Image search: [Google]
1459146876282.png
50 KB, 293x281
>>53764510
Spoopy image
But linux is a hassle and OSX is too expensive. Where to go?!
>>
>>53763512

The problem was the windows/microsoft name.

that was it. Plain and simple
>>
>>53763512
The lack of apps is the only problem, and I don't mean small no-name apps. Things like Clash of Clans and GMail are missing, and that really hurts the platform.
>>
>>53764605
i think for most users chromebooks will do. what would truly change the game is if apple ports osx to arm and makes their ipad pro a ios/osx tablet
>>
>>53764405
>Windows Phone is just a feature phone with a full HTML browser, it will never be anything else.
Eh, for the most part that's all I need, I have a nexus 7 for anything else
>>
>>53764689
>apple ports osx to arm and makes their ipad pro a ios/osx tablet

Please no, its going to be a disaster and way pricier than ever.
>>
>>53764723
what else do you expect to happen? microsoft is gone off the fucking rails, linux is not a viable alternative for the mass market, and probably neither is osx even if it were at a tablet price of $499.

really our concern shouldn't be our options because we have options. grandma wanting to get on facebook is my concern because whatever you get her she has to be able to figure out and apple has been the only one doing that well.
>>
>>53764510
Yeah, I saw that thread unfold. It's fake. "Source" is bullshitting their way through it.

Also, fuck Microsoft in general, and Kevin Turner specifically...
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.