[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.windowscentral.com/youll -soon-be-able-run-ubuntu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (73 KB, 1986x994) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
73 KB, 1986x994
http://www.windowscentral.com/youll-soon-be-able-run-ubuntu-windows-10

Microsoft is seeking to combine Win10 and Ubuntu.

Thoughts and opinions?
Discuss.
>>
You'll only be able to use cli because it's aimed at developers
>>
>>53763058
5 rupees were deposited to your bank account Harish
>>
Old news
>>
>>53763058
I call bullshit.
>>
>Instead the focus will be on Bash and other CLI tools, such as make, gawk and grep.

>GNU GPL make, gawk, grep
>Windows

Let's see how that one works out for pajeet
>>
Latest iteration of Interix and Windows Services for UNIX. Few cares
>>
>>53763058
>in other news...
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/sql-server-on-linux.aspx
>>
Freetards BTFO
>>
>>53763190
There are more than just GNU tools.

Compatible with Ubuntu is marketing, all BSD's have their own real freedom versions of all these tools in their base system which can be easily ported over.

A older version of bash is not crippled by GPL and is why Apple can ship bash with their OS.
>>
>>53764505
>BSD's have their own real freedom versions of all these
They also had them before GNU/GPL even existed and that fat kike Stallam came along copying others work and slapping restrictive licenses on them so he can take all credit for their invention.

I hope MS are taking UNIX or BSD base tools, that would be great.
>>
>>53763058
>>53763508
I think Microsoft is becoming a Software company first, and an OS company second.

This is pleasing? Maybe?
>>
Repeat after me:

>Embrace
>Extend
>Extinguish

Never change, Microshit
>>
>>53763058
Gaben must be rolling in his grave of dollar bills and useless gimmick googles.
>>
>>53764674
>non ironically believes MS gives a fuck about an OS with less than 1% marketshare and feel threatened by it
kek
>>
>>53764635
In what world is an Operational Software not software?
>>
>>53764674
>EEE meme

I love it when linux fags post this shit, it's like you are happy to admit MS are better.

IF FOSS is so good and free why would people move to a closed non-free (as in seech and beer) solution? We all know why... because it would have to be a lot better.

MS make good shit freetards cannot compete with and that is why they are so scared lmao.
>>
>>53764702
That's not what OS means fampai
>>
File: 1445548061971.png (1 MB, 912x905) Image search: [Google]
1445548061971.png
1 MB, 912x905
>>53763058
>Win10
oh wow, lol

>Ubuntu
hahahhahahahaha
>>
>>53764701
Ubuntu has greater server marketshare than Windows. There's more money in servers than desktops nowadays.
>>
>>53764916
>Ubuntu has greater server marketshare than Windows.
Haha. No.
>>
what the fuck is going on lmao
>>
>>53763058
>2 turds fusing to make the ultimate piece of shit
>>
>>53764702
>Operational Software
>>
IT'S AN EARLY APRIL FOOL'S JOKE U MUGGLES
>>
I thought maybe april meme but Mary Jo Foley pretty much confirmed happening.
>>
>>53764916
>Ubuntu has greater server marketshare than Windows. There's more money in servers than desktops nowadays.
Bwahaahahahahahhahahahahahahah.
No seriously, you are out of your mind fuckin stupid.
>>
>>53763058
Micro-soft penis wants free cucks to do all the work in the future MAXIMUM PROFIT! !! cha-ching $$$$$$$
>>
>>53767054
>gets told
>lashes out in insults and fake laughter to makes butthurt
damn son, you're one dumb faggot bahahah
>>
>>53767054
>being this young and already on the internet.

Fucking hell, I didn't get a mobile phone until I was like 16
>>
>>53763058
ganooh wendows
>>
Does this mean macfags can no longer use the argument

>muh unix! also it's justwerks =^]
>>
File: lol.png (178 KB, 1726x541) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
178 KB, 1726x541
>>53767054
>top 1m
>1.7% wandoze

k
>>
>>53767309
Yeah because clearly you were talking about the top 1%. Windows server is immense popular in small and mid sized business, less in the top one million websites you fucking degenerate fuck.

>"Oh fuck Windows has a 30% marketshare, I better find another source that measures different." - u
>>
>>53767309
>>53764916
>Revenue Canonical 2013: $65.7 million
>Revenue Windows Server, SQL, Visual Studio: $20,281,000,000
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
>>
>>53767373
>there are more small-to-medium businesses than there are retarded bloggers
>small-to-medium businesses somehow represent a larger portion of the global server infrastructure than the mega corps and content networks
>>
>>53767054
>>53767434
>loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>53767440
Don't a lot of "big corps" use windows because of the top managers still thinking we are living in the IBM glory days of windows is best.
>>
>>53767440
Remind me how much a 'AAA' content provider such as Gawker or Vox pays Apache, xSQL and XLang.

Fun fact: $0
>>
>>53763133
rupees? why are you paying him zelda funny money? is there some sort of zelda MMO i have not heard about?
>>
>>53767478
They use desktops, and an exchange and AD server or two, sure, and maybe a SQL server. The actual production machines are running a UNIX except if they decided to use aspx, which almost nobody does because the java stack is objectively better and more portable.

>>53767485
Who cares? Marketshare is not defined by dollars.
>>
Now that we are mixing bloods..
I wish Microsoft would port Sharepoint or Exchange to linux.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.