[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>apple has good customer service >but only if you spend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1458773509122.jpg (21 KB, 399x295) Image search: [Google]
1458773509122.jpg
21 KB, 399x295
>apple has good customer service
>but only if you spend an extra $199 on apple care

How is this any different from extended warranty from other brands?
>>
>>53761720
Marketing
>>
>>53761720

You know how I know you don't have experience trying to claim warranty service from other tech brands?

Doing so usually involves multiple hours on the phone with some curry you can't understand.
>>
>>53762784
Honestly never had that problem. I just take it back to my retailer, who then sends it back to the distributor, who then has to deal with the manufacturer.

Being Australian is really nice sometimes
>>
>>53762815

It's funny you'd mention being Australian in a thread about having to pay more in order to receive proper warranty service, considering all tech arbitrarily costs more in Australia for no good reason.
>>
>>53762846
>no good reason
Not really.
Weaker dollar + higher wages are the main reasons why our costs are also higher.

I can easily afford anything I want because I'm earning $25 an hour and working 3 full days a week.
>>
>>53762846
Huehuehue, I remember my Father dealt with some tech from India from McAfee (yes, he was using the piece of shit "internet security" back then in 2009 or '10 ish), and the tech did some administration service and was about to check my fathers credit icon, dad's been in the millitary and he don't know what these tech do which is suspect any kind of weird icons, and my dad thought he was just trying to steal is CC, so my dad cut his connection off, called me real pissed off, I still remember how he told me the story, fun times, the asshole tech could just have asked for permission by saying it's a suspicious file and asking my father by phone if it was legitimate.
>>
>>53761720

Every device comes with 1 year of apple care. They will still help you even if its out of warranty.

Source: I manage 1200 iPads at work
>>
>>53761720
>Buy launch iPhone 6 (no Apple Care)
>Crack screen
>Take it to Genius Bar
>They replace it for free, because iPhone camera was slightly cosmetically off, even though the camera operated fine
>go on /g/ and see some asshat complaining about extended warranties.
>>
>>53762815
>I just take it back to my retailer, who then sends it back to the distributor, who then has to deal with the manufacturer.

Does the retailer replace your device on the spot, or do you have to wait until it comes back from the manufacturer?

Most Apple Store visits will either replace your device or repair it same day/1 business day in store.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.