[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like Razer products?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: razer-mamba.jpg (52 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
razer-mamba.jpg
52 KB, 1200x900
Why don't you like Razer products?
>>
>>53760636
I've been using the same deathadder for 5 years now. I can't speak for the rest of their stuff, and synapse is annoying, but it's the best mouse I've ever owned
>>
Because Logitech makes better mice, Audo Technika makes better headsets, and CK makes better keyboards.
>>
>>53760636
mice are comfy as fuck but they tend to have short lives

>>53760675
i've never had a single good logitech product. they're all budget midrange shits
>>
>>53760636
Everything they make is aimed at 12 year old gamer kids who buy things with mommy's credit card.

I don't like their prices or their build quality, or even their general aesthetics.
>>
>>53760636
Owner of 2 deathadders and 2 black widows plus the rgb mousemat. I like the deathadder to death, and the other 2 go with it and are not any worse/better than other mousepads/keyboards
>>
>>53760636
I had a Deathadder, it died after a couple years. I knew 2 other people who went through 2 Deathadders each over a few years. I have a Lyrcrosa keyboard that I got in 2011, the little metal bar that kept the enter key level stopped staying in the key and now the enter key won't work unless I press down on the right half of the key. Currently using an old ass keyboard that I'm pretty sure has been used from the early 2000s when I was in elementary school and my family had one computer up through 2007 or 2008.
>>
Some of the mice are good. The keyboards are hot garbage.
>>
I don't like anything geared towards gaymurs. They're made to appeal to literal children who think they're hax0rs because they made a shutdown script in Windows.

Why is there no high performance motherboards without the cancerous gamer shit? I'm not exactly going to instead choose a dual CPU server board.
>>
>>53760661

You "went offline" right? It's a shitty program but if you stay off that cloud shit it's almost bearable.
>>
Lifespan is conisdered short, and their mice looks gaudy. However had my deathadder since 2012 and still no issues other than annoying synapse.
>>
The only experience ive had with razer products is that my roommate had one of their keyboards with blue switches. The keyboard looked and felt like cheap garbage. All the keys felt loose as fuck and would giggle around way too much. The stock keycaps were terrible and reminded me of megabloks-tier plastic molding. It just seemed really cheap and plastic-ey. And then i think it broke after he had it for a year or so.
>>
File: brainproblems.jpg (19 KB, 192x220) Image search: [Google]
brainproblems.jpg
19 KB, 192x220
I have the Razer Blade laptop, its pretty good, can't say much since its got memedows 8 and I haven't gotten a chance to install gentoo and delete system32
>>
>>53760636
Does this mouse actually have a Goldeneye Watch LED setting?
>>
I still miss my salmosa

have a steelseries kanza v2 but it's just not the same
>>
Expensive and they don't last long.

Ex original Naga owner here (lasted 1 year before left click did doubles)
>>
>>53760661
You can uninstall synapse once you set your settings.
>>
Because Razer seems to have an allergy to openness, standards, and Linux support . Their drivers are hellish, required, and windows only.
>>
same reason I don't buy shirts with flames on them
>>
>>53761721
So when you're jerking off do you finish in your fedora?
>>
>>53760636
Bloatware

Shit rebranded kailh switches

Overpriced for its subpar to average build quality
>>
>>53760636
Rainbows are gay
Every razor product has rainbow LEDs
>razor = gay
It's that simple anon
>>
>>53760661
check the "Tournament Drivers" option, it will create an installation that is for offline use that technically you can't change settings once set and installed but it will never bother you with online shit.
>>
>>53760636
Deathadder was great for years.

Replaced with a Zowie when it got grubby (still worked fine).

Have a Razer Blade 2014 laptop. Best windows laptop on the market as far as i'm concerned. Great build quality. Would prefer less 'gamery' look, but it's not too bad.
>>
>>53761721
cringy autist
>>
Mouses are comfy, but shit build, over 50% have click issues after a year.
Keyboard is okay.

Went through 3 mice, all had left click problems, one lasted 2 years, the other 11 months, the first one was fine. (deathadder and imperator had problems, copperhead was the only one decent for a long time)

Keyboard I'm using is tarantula, and it's still working fine, even after ~7 years of use.
>>
Cheap build quality and shitty design.
>>
Made by chinks.
>>
>>53760636
still have a Lachesis mouse that works since 06. Replaced it a three years ago with a Deathadder that was perfectly fine til the fucking midclick wheel broke. Doesn't scroll anymore. That happened almost a year ago and replaced that with a Steelseries Raw that honestly I like more and feels for me more similar to the Lachesis which I still keep as a backup mouse.

Also own a Blackwidow keyboard that works perfectly fine but replaced it a few years back with a smaller mech keyboard.

Almost forgot I also have some hammerhead earphones that are pretty decent and served me well while travelling.

Maybe I'm expecting too much after owning for 10 years the same mouse (Lachesis) but it seems to me that build quality has gone to the shitter and I read more and more complains about that now.
>>
I have CTS, but not severe yet, and I'm using a deathadder.
So far, it's been working alright, but now I want to switch to a more ergonomic mouse, which I could still game with, what are some good options?
>>
>>53761683
using a deathadder for more than 10 years, been to multiple lans around europe, still clicking like a beast, if it breaks I'll get a new deathadder :P
>>
>>53760690
Wouldn't have short lives if you didn't smash them everytime you get smashed in league.
>>
File: Razer Abyssus.png (176 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Razer Abyssus.png
176 KB, 800x600
This is the mouse I have, super light and looks neat. I don't get the problem with razer synapse everyone is complaining about
>>
I like the Deathadder. I'd try out the Abyssus if I ever needed a new mouse. Two of my logitech mice has sensor bugs so I don't bother with logitech anymore.

My WMO has a wire shortage problem and I'd still be using it now if it didn't. I stay with the DA for now on cause it's reliable and I never had one fail on me or have a sensor bug.

Razer's other shit idc about.
>>
Really depends on what product.

>laptops
everything is ok, but they are definitely overpriced

>headsets
shitty mics, shitty build quality, shitty sound. Also some of them cost 50$ or more, which is absurd

>Mice
Good, but go to shit fast. For example, the deathadder has the doubleclick problem, which was never adressed

>Keyboards
>WhatAreMechanicalKeyboards.png
also, overprised, meh build quality

All in all, they try to attract retards and kids who have no idea of hardware and would rather buy razer products because they make them feel edgy and cool among other like-minded idiots.
>>
I'm neutral about them. A lot of people have issues with their products. My brother had a Lachesis that broke after 2 or 3ish years of use. He bought it in 2013, and has since replaced it with a G502. Meanwhile, I have a Deathadder from 2008 (with the S3688 sensor), approaching 8 years of use. The only "problem" I have with it is that I had to replace the feet, and the scroll wheel's LED is starting to bug out. Otherwise, it's been fully functional.

I kind of want a new mouse, but there's literally zero reason for me to get a new one. Almost everything seems like a waste of money.
>>
>>53766559
The doubleclick isn't an exclusive Razer issue, it's the omron switches. They happen to virtually all gaming mice these days. It's why that ASUS mouse with easily swappable switches was a big deal.

Someone should just design a new switchtype but then a bunch of purist will cry it's not omron anymore.
>>
>>53766559
Firmware update solved the double click issue that I've had with my Deathadder 2013.
>>
I feel like Razer is the Beats of computer periphery.
>>
>>53760636
They went to absolute shit about the time when Microsoft became their major shareholder.

Two Deathadders I've had got double and even multi-click issue after 2 years for the first one and one year for the other one.
Their support is trash.
Synapse is utter shit bloatware which more often doesn't work than does. The project director deserves a 1:1 dragon dildo replica shoved up his ass. But then again I bet he could handle it since you have to be a big fucking asshole to design such a steaming pile of shit. Jesus, I want to forget ever having to do something with Synapse
>>
>>53767299
They're more of the Mountain Dew of accessories.
>>
But I do...
Purchased some knockoff Razer Abyssus from AliEx and it has been the best sub $15 mouse I have ever purchased, even has DPI adjustment and LED lighting.
>>
>>53760636
I owned a razer megalodon 2.2 and it broke within 2 months.
>>
>>53760690
G400(s) and its predecessors never let me down. Best mouse for me. Logitech headsets are plastic garbage to me most of the time though.
>>
>>53761721
Why the fuck would you care about motherboard looks if you're not a gaymur. Just get a closed case, install the necessary drivers. Done.
>>
>>53760636
They are expensive as shit. Even Logitech can do the job better and cheaper, and it's fucking Logitech
>>
File: 1454988044013.jpg (118 KB, 740x632) Image search: [Google]
1454988044013.jpg
118 KB, 740x632
Stay dry pupper
>>
>>53770163
stay fry poopy
>>
>>53770163
Stay dry pupper
>>
>>53770163
stay dry, kitter
>>
>>53760636
Because they're overpriced and ugly
>>
I don't think I've ever seen a Razer product that wasn't an ugly riced out piece of shit
>>
>>53770163
Ptay sty dupper
>>
>>53770163
Stay dry, pupper
>>
I do, I've had the same mouse for 5 years and it's still great. Can't speak on all of their products though.
>>
Apple of mice

Guaranteed to break within a year unless you just take massive vacations for example only using your PC on the weekends

manufactured obsolescence, the buttons that reach down to click the motherboard are made out of the shittiest plastic on the whole mouse, you can't say this isn't on purpose.

Other day we had a thread here where an ex razer owner (cause it died lel) wanted a new mouse but said that any old models weren't acceptable because they didn't come with a warranty. Literally every fucking mouse I've ever had BESIDES razer has lasted forever.

Some of their models don't work on certain motherboards, never even HEARD of that shit ever anywhere but razer.

Overpriced, gimmicky shit with buttons and LEDS and psuedo e-celebrity sponsorships that you don't need that just drive up the price. The DPI meme is so bad, you'd need to be making some kind of microscopic movements to validate anything past 1800 DPI and we're up to like 8,000 or some shit. There is no twitch FPS that is so twitchy that you need any of this. Koreans would get 500+ apm on brood war on $10 logitech walmart mice.

I'm still banned from all of the worthy cod4 promod servers with just an intellimouse and over the ear monoprice headphones. I was one among almost 60 people with headphones, I actually asked, these guys were claiming hacks and they were on 2.1. No amount of aiming skills with supposedly insanely good mice (they aren't) and your lordly twitch shooter skills are going to save you if have no battle sense or strategy, most of these people think they could whip around and go for a headshot instead of just checking corners for example.
>>
I had a g500 for 6 years. It was such a good mouse too. One day the cursor stopped moving and smoke came out of the wiring and burned out.

Right now I'm using a 10+ year old Dell mouse. Very loud clicks, but no issues. I'd like a new mouse though.
>>
>>53768937
In the exact same boat as you, tried two deathadders and they both died within the same time frame, 5 months each. Again very gentle clicking, this is a "$80 gaymer product" so it should last this long. Both start to double click or not click at all, so I take it apart. Tough plastic absolutely everywhere except for the mouse button piece that extends to touch the motherboard button, because it's eroded. Softest plastic I've ever seen just for that little piece? Why that one? Put a little piece of tape on it to extend it down, works beautifully for another month until the plastic is even more eroded. Meanwhile I have a box of PS/2 mice that came from prebuilts or hurled in thrift store boxes and been treated like shit for 15+ years and still work perfectly.

The sensor on the razers are great, never heard of one going wrong, but the buttons are clearly designed to fail. Read up about modding communities who mold their own plastic and use a discarded broken mouse exactly for this reason.

>But I need all the buttons!
There's this giant board to the other side of the mouse, that has all these keys on it. There's usually at least 101 of them.
>>
>>53770163
Stay dry, pupper

>>53761721
It seems like every corded mouse is marketed to gamers though. I try to get a "mature" or generic good mouse. But they are almost always wireless.
>>
>>53770163
Stay dry, pupper
>>
>>53770163
Stay dry, pupper.
>>
>>53772788
Try out a trackball.
>>
Since this is a thread about shit mice, what's a good cheap one, boys? Mine just shit the bed and doesn't work anymore.
>>
>>53760675
Logitech is pure and utter shit topped with shitty intrusive software and retarded gimmicks that fuck everything up. Got a m520 (35 bucks I'll never get back) or something for my laptop, never again.
I have 6 keyboards in my device list right now, changing sensitivity takes 5 minutes, the mouse wheel is inaccurate as fuck because muh free-scrolling. It's too light that farting at it will make it move, the sensor has some sort of issue on every surface, the feet have stickers that aren't aligned, it feels cheaper than grey recycled notebook paper.
I switched back to my hp wireless comfort mouse that cost me 15 bucks 4 years ago.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.