[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tech enthusiast board >discusses legacyware like hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: legacy-burden.png (141 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
legacy-burden.png
141 KB, 500x280
>tech enthusiast board
>discusses legacyware like hard drives, optical media, ethernet cables, wired keyboards and mouses, wired headsets, dumb phones, physical home servers, ibm thinkpads
>>
>>53756676
Companies aren't built to upgrade every year. It benefits everyone if Intel and Nvidia started making products built to last instead of a platform that needs upgrading every year.

This is besides the point though, now a days corporate systems are good enough, with the requirement of at least a dual core and an SSD.
>>
when I hear of "legacy", I reach for my gun
>>
Calling /g/ a tech enthusiast board is a bit of a stretch.
>>
The only legacy wear you named was optical media and dumbphones
>>
That's a pretty vague question. I think you could ask that question to basically anyone and you would get a majority saying yes.
>>
>muh cloud storage

It's not being a "tech enthusiast" it's being a good goy who entrusts his storage/computing power with a third party whom you cannot trust.
>>
>oy vey, they keep their information protected on their own drive!
>why dont you goyim just put all your data in our cloud? surely you want to be part of this technological revolution! it's the storage medium of the future! dont mind the 300 pages of legal contract, just click 'agree' and get started!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.