[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does linux sucks so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: G maymay.jpg (62 KB, 1071x557) Image search: [Google]
G maymay.jpg
62 KB, 1071x557
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WipM3SAYqK4

>Be King Goi of Redhat
>Deletes own loonix OS.
Why is this allowed , anon?
>>
>>53756639
If nobody answers me , I will install Win 10 over my NetBSD machine.
>>
>>53756732
go ahead anon.
nobody is going to stand in your way.
>>
>>53756732
Do it, you'll not regret it.
>>
>>53756639
Don't you need to be running as root to fuck up something that badly?
>>
>>53757238
No, you only need to be stupid.
>>
>>53756639
>Deletes own loonix OS.
And nothing of value was lost.
>>
hurr durr systemd is bad because my non autistic friends can actually use it effectively and I dont look like a mainframe hacker anymore !
>>
>>53756732

watch the whole presentation maybe?
>>
File: 1458756503205.png (605 KB, 1000x1089) Image search: [Google]
1458756503205.png
605 KB, 1000x1089
LUNDUKE TALKS ARE NOT FUNNY

DISTROWATCH STOPPED BEING RELEVANT 10 YEARS AGO

PEOPLE GO DIRECTLY TO UBUNTU.COM OR FEDORA.COM TO DOWNLOAD NOT TO DISTROWATCH.
>>
>>53756639
>>Be King Goi of Redhat
>>Deletes own loonix OS.
>Why is this allowed , anon?
The usual routine is that root can do whatever he damn well pleases. When you put in your sudo password you know you're being given the power to fuck everything up really badly in any number of ways, so you should be careful with it, especially when you're using a disk partition editor.

I think if this was a GUI partition editor, which is sounds like it was, it should have displayed a warning before modifying the boot drive, but it should not disallow it.

As a power user and admin, I want a way to turn off "nanny" features in the OS. Warnings on dangerous operations are fine, as is disallowing them when I'm not root. But there needs to be a way to override all that if I actually have a reason to do a potentially dangerous thing.

Maybe I wanted to delete the boot partition so I could remake it in the same place with a different number or size before making the other changes needed to boot from it again next time. Maybe I've just cloned my OS over to another drive and now need to make the first drive unbootable so it will boot from the second drive next time around. Or, hell, maybe I actually do want to nuke the OS because I'm going to install something else.

Also, if you've deleted all your partitions, you can get them back easily enough using testdisk, provided you haven't written something new over the data that was in them.
>>
>>53756639
>Deletes the whole system
>Manages to get it back on line within half an hour
Just goes to show how flexible GNU/Linux is.
>>
>>53758800
DESU installing Windows doesn't take that long either, not counting any hours you spend fat-fingering the CD key. All major OSes are fairly quick to install these days, so long as you aren't trying to install Gentoo.
>>
>>53758957
>DESU
TIL /g/ has a wordfilter on "T B H".
>>
wow he is an obnoxious speaker. I would have left within 2 minutes.
>>
>>53757737
Yeah, I'm not convinced I want to use systemd cancer. It's all wishful thinking and muh freedums in the in the end of the video.
>>
>>53758800
Hour and a half. I can install Win 10 with default settings in an hour.
>>
>>53757757
Lunduke is an annoying fuck, all the Linux media fucks are annoying. Chris from Linux Action Show, all of his co-hosts over the years. Everyone. Angela Jupiter Broadcasting is a thicky thick milkshake that I'd like to take a sip of though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.