[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does it actually record?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: unnamed.png (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
29 KB, 300x300
What does it actually record?
>>
Everything you type
>>
File: yellen-laughing.jpg (552 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
yellen-laughing.jpg
552 KB, 1200x800
>>53752996
I assume this is right. I'm dreading the day it's all used against me
>>
>>53752996
if you uninstall the program does the botnet stay
>>
>>53752996
Why wouldn't they
All info is worth something to someone
>>
>>53753045
probably not
>>
>>53752996
Any proof?
No?

Ok then.

Seriously it doesn't record anything. The only stuff it does you can turn off.

Google won't risk it because the last time they did anything like that was when they recorded wifi information with google maps in a few citys in the EU. The EU takes that sort of stuff really seriously and didn't fuck around.

The EU freaked out over microsoft forcing IE. The EU is would freak if chrome recording anything like that.

It's very easy to prove it's not. Just boot up a virtual machine, disable all chrome phone home options. Load a packet sniffer and watch.

Nothing get's sent.
>>
>>53753045
probably yes
>>
File: 1458599529579.gif (47 KB, 250x194) Image search: [Google]
1458599529579.gif
47 KB, 250x194
>>53753124
fug
>>
The botnet idea with chrome came when they started syncing info across Google sites. People freaked out because if you logged into a google account, you would already be logged into gmail, YouTube and G+

It doesn't send anything anywhere if you turn off the Adsense thing, and you can test this with a packet watcher to see what it does.

Adsense is the only thing that sends info somewhere, this does include things like your phone number, email, and browsing history.
People say chromium is the non botnet version but if they bothered to look into it further than just accepting that they would see it's the exact same. TCP is funded by Google, they make most of the new features and Chromium is just chrome in the developer channel. It's literally no different besides the logo at that point.
>>
File: Bz6eKZvCUAEVsiO[1].png (210 KB, 564x333) Image search: [Google]
Bz6eKZvCUAEVsiO[1].png
210 KB, 564x333
>>
>>53753217
oy
>>
>>53752981
I have Epic Privacy Browser and it doesn't related to google but I keep getting the shortcut on my desktop everytime.
>>
>>53753620
veeey
>>
>>53753089
why in vm?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.