[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TrueCrypt just got even cooler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: truecryptlogo.png (140 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
truecryptlogo.png
140 KB, 512x512
Was your encryption software written by a "real-life Bond villain" international crime boss? Yeah, didn't think so.

https://mastermind.atavist.com/he-always-had-a-dark-side
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2890164/Revealed-successful-criminal-mastermind-ve-never-heard-real-life-Bond-villain-cocaine-gun-empire-spanning-four-continents-s-turned-super-snitch.html
>>
>>53751674
>https://mastermind.atavist.com/he-always-had-a-dark-side
>"Before encryption was a mainstream idea"
>Decades of encryption benefiting normies ignored
>His own website uses TLS
>SSL 2.0 = 1995, SSL 3.0 = 1996, TLS 1.0 = 1999
What a shitty blog.
>>
>>53752024
>"Before encryption was a mainstream idea"
>what is caesar cipher?
>>
>>53751674
Wait, what? That hyperlink. kek
>>
>>53751674
code monkey wanted to play Drug Lord and got busted kek
>>
>tfw using literally cartel-tier software
>>
>trusting software written by a criminal

I'll stick to Bitlocker, thanks
>>
>>53753639
He even stole code. That should be a capital crime. I hope he gets convicted of that.
>>
>"tfw i should've used LUKS+dmcrypt"
>>
>>53752024
It may have benefited normies, but normies did not use to think about encryption. At best, they thought encryption = passwords on ZIP files. Now they at least realized a lot of encryption happens in their computers and portables, even if they aren't sure where it applies.
>>
>>53753403
This flys in the face of the nerd sterotype. This dude was a motherfucking badass.
He actually got REALLY far in the fucking game man, can't you see that?
That's the problem though - when do you quit? Apparently he wasn't an extravagent spender so he should've probably stopped around $10 million. Trouble is, when you stop paying people or even if you try to transfer your operation to someone else it can lead to your death. No one wants an extra witness in those industries.
>>
>>53752466
not encryption duh
>>
>>53753743
Transferring your ops to someone else is pretty usual between those that quit the game and will never be known to the public.
Problem is most can't quit the game cause they got way too many debts that these kind of operations cause, buying a multi ton loads and having them delivered is many times worth more than half of the potential revenues to which you have to add bribes to judges, border agents, cops and politicians and your own men's salaries.
Once you're in the pocket of a judge or a politician they can do whatever they want with you, so you have to keep paying them and quitting isn't an option, many drug lords end up bankrupt after they lose a few shipments cause of this.
>>
>look at E4M source code
>he didn't even write the code in the 'CRYPTO' directory
What a fucking hack
>>
>>53753639
>>53753701
lol
>>
>>53753704
>not LVM on LUKS + LUKS on LVM
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.