[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW HTC 10 TO COST $830/740€
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2
File: gsmarena_001.jpg (49 KB, 728x439) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_001.jpg
49 KB, 728x439
A pre-order site lists the new HTC flagship as $830/740€.

Where were you when HTC's final attempt at being relevant failed? At that price everyone will be getting an LG G5 or Galaxy S7 instead. Pathetic.

http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_10_goes_on_preorder_in_romania_early_for_a_hefty__euro740-news-17491.php
>>
That price already include 20%VAT.
And at the same price, the s7 was when pre-order. So it's normal
And I'm actually getting the HTC 10
>>
>>53751106
My new phone cost only 150€ it has 4G and everything I need.
>>
HTC used to make decent phones.
What happened?
>>
>>53751210
Homos and pajeets not buying it, like op exactly.
>>
Applefags hate HTC because it beat the shit out of them in terms of design.

Samshit fans hate HTC because it beat the shot out of them in terms of software optimization.

The remaining don't hate hate htc, they just didn't give it a try t.b.h.
>>
They ditched the only feature that made them stand out from the competition: front facing speakers. They were the best at that. I hope HTC burns in hell.
>>
are crapdargon chips still shit?
>>
>>53751359
820 is very good single core performance
652/650 are better than the 810/808 in cpu performance

Still behind apple though.
>>
>>53751343
Honestly, I'll go for a better DAC than front facing speakers, who the hell still listening without earbuds these days ?maybe kids or douches
The A9 have the best DAC I ever try
>>
>>53751370
so a 400 bucks iPhone is more powerful?
>>
>>53751451
The SE? Yeah.
>>
>>53751106
>Caring about rumors and """""leaks"""""
Just wait till they release it. Then you still have enough time to laugh at them.
>>
>>53751709
Almost every phone nowadays is leaked well before revealing. We knew everything about the Galaxy S7 weeks before it launched. HTC 10 is weeks from launching and the design and specs have leaked multiplte times already.
>>
>>53751694
why would anyone get an android flagshit phone then?
>>
>>53751297
Look!
An HTC fanboy!
>>
>>53751106
>lei
Am ras
>>
>>53751106
This can't be the real design, can it? This is the company who designed M7, probably the best looking phone ever made. Now they push another random tablet that looks like all the others? They are really finished.

>>53751297
>The remaining don't hate hate htc, they just didn't give it a try t.b.h.
Oh, I wonder why.

>Butterfly
Shit battery life and no micro SD

>M7
Shit battery life and no micro SD.

>M8-M9
Huge shit with display/phone ratio that is probably worse than iPhone 4.

>M8 mini
Low end cancer for mid class price.
>>
>>53751106
I wss debating getting this or a 6p as my new phone, but if this is the real price then wew lad. I'll get myself the 6p for $300 cheaper
>>
>>53751106
You'll probably get the dac you have to pay for in the LG with your HTC why would you settle for less
>>
There's no good justification for this price. Fucking absolutely shit all has happened in phone development to warrant this much cost.

2-3 years every high end is the same, they only got worse for a year and half because Crapdragon was overheating pile of fucking shit.
>>
I must be the only guy that enjoys the look of HTC 10
>>
>>53752256
Well, blame the idiots who keep spending more and more money for same shit and update every year or two.
>>
>>53752256
Do you know anything about the specs?

Its meant to trump everything in shear quality of components and power.
>>
>self stick

Is this so their customers can fuck themselves and save HTC the hassle?
>>
>>53752011
Ce tare
>>
>>53751882
Obviously some people don't like eating shit out of their own hands.
>>
File: gsmarena_002.jpg (31 KB, 728x268) Image search: [Google]
gsmarena_002.jpg
31 KB, 728x268
>>53751106
Specs just leaked (again).
>>
it looks like shit anyways

that home button is so retarded, they should have made the sensor just be part of the phone's bottom bezel. that would have been sick as fuck. now it's just a meh phone with a dumb design and no real selling points besides Sense being the least shitty Android OEM skin.

Only good ROM support will save this turd
>>
>>53755178
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_10_teased_again_meanwhile_gfxbench_exposes_its_specs-news-17501.php
>>
>>53755244
I've always thought that fringerprints should be integrated into the screen. Like
>wake up screen
>"insert print to unlock" circle appears on the screen
>you press your print on it
>phone unlocks
or is that not possible with today's technology?
>>
>>53752335
lel
>>
>>53755244
It is part of the bottom bezel
>>
>>53755559
fingerprint scanners*
>>
>>53755559
maybe they just don't do it because it would cost too much to produce
>>
Does it still have the ultra pixel meme camera?
>>
Where are you buying from?
It's likely you are paying import taxes for electronics made outside the EU.

So flagship preorder + VAT + import taxes = that price.
>>
>>53751106
>lei
Sper ca il iei in rate
>>
>>53755929
It does, front and back. Apparently it's supposed to be good now (they advertised the camera as "world class") but I have no hopes for them to produce anything worthwhile. They have a shit stained track record on camera quality. Not to shill here but HTC has no chance against Samsung's camera.
>>
>>53751106
Their last attempt at relevancy was when the iPhone released
>>
>>53751231
>>53751297
>>53752256
I really don't see the appeal of HTC. All they do is fill their phone full of gimmicks to hide their lack of technology. Samsungs' phones may be full of bloat, but they at least have the best hardware time and time again. HTC is not the cheapest nor the most premium nor the fastest or the most exciting. Putting all of their eggs into the "boomsound" basket was a retarded idea. I'm sure most people don't give a shit about the speaker on their phone. The phone also looks thick as fuck in pictures.
>>
>>53751206
100€, 2gb, sd410, official cm, replaceble battery
Gotto love my swift
>>
>>53751106
>he thinks you can ever do direct currency conversions with tech
Are you literally retarded or are you literally retarded?

Haven't you been alive for more than a couple days? You do know most companies sell their stuff like at $599, 599 Euros and 599 Pounds, right?

They never do proper conversions.
>>
>>53757570
I wholeheartedly agree, but I think BoomSound was "the thing" for HTC. It wasn't a very good "thing" though, people soon realised they don't even use the speakers and would've preferred a better camera instead, for example. The front facing speakers were a godly thing when the M7 was released, a first on a smartphone, it was a huge deal back then. Not anymore. Anyway, I think they should've definitely kept the speakers since it helped them stand out.

Samsung has perfected smartphone hardware hands down, though the software side is retarded.

HTC One M9 is almost 1cm thick, as are the other Ms, so I wouldn't be surprised if the 10 is as well.
>>
>>53757785
I guess it's just the way the game works. HTC chose the wrong thing to be their "thing". Samsung = specs, LG = Power users?, Moto/Nexus = stock, HTC = Boomsound. Notice how HTC looks so mediocre beside LG and Samsung?
>>
>>53751106
>AMOLED
Into the trash.
>>
My HTC One mini has loads of cracks and is falling apart. Lasted 18 months. Not good enough. Casing is weak. Not buying HTC again.
>>
>>53758041
Should have gotten an m9
>>
>>53757570
>All they do is fill their phone full of gimmicks to hide their lack of technology
Hurr durr camera is bad
>looks thick as fuck
Thin meme, you clearly an iPhone fag

>>53757894
Specs?
Samsung specs my ass, the out of the box one have a usable ram 2.7/3 GB, fucking joke. There specs just a numbers
My all notes 1,2,3 , lagged like shit, you have to replace with CM which still buggy and not optimized.
My S3 fucking stopped working, sudden death syndrome (google it)
Not to mention how they fake the benchmark to make people like you delusional about it.
>LG = Power users
Wat!! All Android can be used for power users (not Samsung recently)
HTC will officially unlock the boot loader for you, my M8 rooted and still receiving the OTA updates (just reroot after that again)
>>
>>53757686
Phone?
>>
>>53757937
Super LCD is confirmed
That actually proving that op picture isn't legit
>>
HTC still puts out phones? My autistic friend loves his shit battery life and speakers on the m8. Tried to tell me it had a better battery life than whatever samshit was out back then and I showed him the benchmarks and he said they were paid off.

HTC fan boys are pretty bad
>>
Poor HTC. Too stupid use bigger batteries. Too brain drained to make an interesting flagship. So cheap that they removed boomsound.
>>
>>53758612
http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5-versus-htc-one-m8
http://www.androidorigin.com/moto-x-2014-vs-iphone-5s-lg-g3-nexus-5-galaxy-s5-htc-one-m8-xperia-z2-battery-life/
http://www.anandtech.com/show/8425/huawei-honor-6-review/7

Goes either way from the looks of things. If you were going to fault them, you should have gone after the camera.
>>
>>53758280
You just sound mad at Samsung. You can't deny that Samsung always come out with the best hardware, but I never said they were any good at software.

>looks thick as fuck
>Thin meme, you clearly an iPhone fag
HTC is going for the premium audience, why shouldn't I judge the thickness of their phone?

LG has been pushing hard to grab the power users, so that's how I'll identify them.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.