[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where were you when normies took control? http://thenextweb.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: rammstein.jpg (16 KB, 470x470) Image search: [Google]
rammstein.jpg
16 KB, 470x470
Where were you when normies took control?
http://thenextweb.com/apps/2016/03/29/atom-editor-breezes-past-1-million-active-developers/
>>
Sitting comfy in neovim.
>>
>>53750292
How easy is it to migrate if you have pretty many plugins and a shitton of vimrc lines?
>>
>>53750316
Not the dude you asked but it's as easy as just symlinking your old vimrc to ~/.config/nvim/init.vim
>>
>>53750316
I was the same way.
Ever since they added embedded terminals, support has gone through the roof because of the hype. I have had no plugins not work. In fact, I've had no problems with neovim at all. Just look at the default settings and make sure nothing interferes with your settings.
It's worth it for asynchronous plugin loading, asynchronous autocomplete, asynchronous make, and terminal integration including flawless ncurses support.
Really, no highly configurable text editor should be without asynchronicity. Give neovim your support.
>>
>>53750252
>have been using python for 4 years now
>still use IDLE for any python-related task
>use CodeBlock or Codelite for anything related to C
>used Eclipse for Java but don't do any Java anymore
>Make javascript draft in Firefox console
>Also Gedit/notepad++ for everything else

I am that guy who doesn't even bother trying being edgy.
I am that guy who doesn't even bother trying being productive.

I tried Vim and Emac once but I was too lazy to dive in.
I installed Visual Studio once but... too many stuff.

I'm not denying all those IDE and text-editors and what-not might be super useful and empowering but fuck it man, I only touch new stuff if I'm forced too. Yes I know I could be even lazier if I used one of those I and could explain why I don't want to touch those but that would requiere too many words and I'm so fucking lazy you have no idea.
>>
Use whatever you want, so long as it respects your freedoms.
>>
>>53750423
Why not just kill yourself if everything is so hard and you don't want to do anything?
>>
>>53750252
Yet it's still clunky and slow as fuck
>>
>>53750495
You can hack it to the core though, why don't you hack deep and turn up the performance?
>>
>>53750423
what is the point of your post that contains zero info except the one that you are faggot?
>>
https://www.vim.sexy/
>>
Not using atom text editor
>>
>>53750551
Why the FUCK not?
>>
>>53750583
Doesnt it use a web browser to run in?
>>
>>53750583
because sublime is the best and fastest editor besides vim and emacs
>>
Despite being kinda slow to open, what's so bad about atom?
>>
>>53750583
Why the FUCK would I? Using a browser to make a text editor, yeah great fucking idea. How do you use it headlessly? Oh wait you can't.
>>
>>53750639
he is gay
>>
>>53750639
It's not vim/emacs
>>
>>53750608
You have a web browser open right now. Why not use it for your applications too?
>>
>>53750725
I dont have a wwb browser open

I have clover
>>
>>53750423
>using a different editor for each language
How do you even live with yourself?
>>
>>53750746
I do the same
>C# and F#: Visual Studio and its editor
>Lisps: Emacs with the usual SLIME-type integrations
>Everything else: Vim
>>
>>53750519
there have been a lot of improvements to the text buffer class lately. the problem is that it's based on the v8 engine so performance is limited
>>
>>53750639
>Despite being slow at everything
Fixed.
>>
>>53750639
its written in meme languages and is a meme
>>
>>53750725
Because then I'd have two web browsers open and that's just fucking stupid
>>
>>53750807
It's not a FUCKING meme language
>>
>>53750819
Oh yes it is
>>
ITT butthurt and shills
>>
>>53750842
and butthurt shills (you)
>>
File: dontknow.jpg (37 KB, 684x384) Image search: [Google]
dontknow.jpg
37 KB, 684x384
>>53750611
>...is the best and fastest editor besides...
>>
>>53750881
kill yourself pajeet
>>
I made the switch to atom about a year ago, got tired of it crashing and lagging on larger files recently and went back to sublime. can't imagine what I was thinking for ever dumping sublime in the first place
>>
>>53751983
The large file problems in Atom really suck, but whats really keeping me from using vim full time is lack of a good project-wide interactive search and replace system.
>>
>>53750252
>vim or gtfo
>>
File: 800px-Tom_Lea_-_2000_Yard_Stare.jpg (294 KB, 800x1030) Image search: [Google]
800px-Tom_Lea_-_2000_Yard_Stare.jpg
294 KB, 800x1030
>Text Editor based on Chromium, made with CoffeeScript and using Node.js

>They called it Atom
>Chromium
>CoffeeScript
>Node.js
>Atom

Why not 'Code Monkey' ?
>>
File: 1458207905193.jpg (54 KB, 584x445) Image search: [Google]
1458207905193.jpg
54 KB, 584x445
>>53752565
>it's a fucking browser converted into a text editor
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.