[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He's not using Linux Mint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: KzcRLfA.png (631 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
KzcRLfA.png
631 KB, 1366x768
>He's not using Linux Mint
>>
File: 1459204276969.jpg (126 KB, 728x640) Image search: [Google]
1459204276969.jpg
126 KB, 728x640
>using obsolete distros
>using compromised distros
>not using superior in every way possible Ubuntu Mint
>>
Thanks for verifying that.
>>
>>53744900
Nice font rendering
>>
>>53744900
>le firefox logo
>>
>>53744900
Mint is pure bloated shit. Even stock Ubuntu is better.

People really need to stop recommending this fucking garbage.
>>
>>53744900
literal botnet. I bet you even went out of your way to download the hacked version
>>
Looks like XFCE
>>
>>53744900
Not even memeing but I had to bypass a super fucked up Windows install the other day to clean up a laptop and as I was about to download a Mint ISO I remembered that their shit was compromised and grabbed Ubuntu instead.
>>
>>53744900
I use it. Pretty nice.
>>
I've been using the Debian rolling distribution mint provides. It's pretty snazzy and I never have to worry. Brought my sluggish Mac book back to life.
>>
I prefer to get insecurity from configuration files being overwritten instead of having them built in so I use Arch instead.
>>
Hijacking this thread: is there a just werks(tm) distro that has XP-tier system requirements? I want to put linux on a toaster, and by toaster, I mean a PC that has 256/512 MB of RAM.
>>
>>53745385
i keep hearing puppylinux or some shit for that
>>
>>53745281
LMDE is the best. Less bloated and faster than the Ubuntu derivative and more functional than the distro it's based on.

I don't think I'll distro hop again unless they do something nasty to LMDE (they already cut the XFCE version which is bad enough).
>>
ok fags if Mint is so shit please explain why. I'm using it and it seems pretty good.
>>
>>53747765
The default installation is bloated and after the attack it could be a literal botnet distro.

Other than that it's fine. Pretty sure it's just hate over the fact that it's not hipster enough.
>>
>>53747825
>just hate over the fact that it's not hipster enough.
pretty much every 4chan board suffers from this. It would be much more useful to make threads with "hey Mint is vulnerable to attack turning it into botnet" or whatever instead of memes and "it is just shit and if you don't know why you should kill yourself"
>>
>bloated
>slow
>outdated repos
>literally just Ubuntu 12 with cinnamon
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.