[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember to use uBlock Origin.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: UBlock_Origin.svg.png (108 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
UBlock_Origin.svg.png
108 KB, 2000x2000
Remember to use uBlock Origin.
>>
>>53741811
I'm using it, senpai :^)
>>
What makes this preferable to regular ublock?
>>
>>53741923
The orgin Dev isn't a idiot and a jew
>>
>>53741963
Anything more specific?
Is it just even less memory-hoggy or what?
>>
>>53741923
Compare:
https://github.com/chrisaljoudi/uBlock/commits/master
and
https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/commits/master
>>
>>53741982
Am convinced.
Swapping now
>>
REMINDER TO USE HOSTS FILE
>>
uBlock Origin keeps the normies away and angry. uBlock Origin also specifically refuses donations.
>>
>>53742012
Overkill
>>
uMatrix is better for advanced users.
>>
>>53742062
The method of filtering is completely different. They compliment each other more than anything.
>>
>>53742012
>falling for the hosts meme
>>
>>53742127
They are completely independent. Can be used with one another, but don't need to.
>>
>>53741982
I don't use github and never will. I'm assuming this is the ublock dev requesting a pull of the ublock origin?
>>
>>53742316
No. Just open the link, turbonerd.
>>
>>53742371
I read it and I'm trying to decipher it. That's why I asked. I was just saying that to state I would never use them.
>>
>>53742396
I think his point was that ublock origin is being actively developed and ublock isn't. This isn't the only reason to change to origin though.
>>
>>53742396
ublock (chrisaljoudihas) has no real development on it, and a huge number of the commits being version bumps and readme updates. The last commit was August last year.
ublock origin (gorhill) actually has development happening, with multiple commits per day.
>>
>>53742396
Chris hasn't updated his since August.
Gorhill updated his 12 hours ago.

That's the difference.
>>
>>53741811
>uBlock Origin is NOT an "ad blocker": it is a wide-spectrum blocker
I only need an ad blocker, not this bloated blocker
>>
>>53742632
Are you really that dense?
>>
>>
>>53742632
Then use bluhell.
>>
>>53741811
>twenty mins ago no adblock
>go on forbes.com
>please disable adblock
>wtf
>install ublock origin
>block anti adblock
>can see forbes now
>>
>>53741811
I do
>>
>>53744886
>>
>>53744935
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.