[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FBI stands down, Apple wins
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: FBI vs Apple.png (46 KB, 566x275) Image search: [Google]
FBI vs Apple.png
46 KB, 566x275
It's over, the good guys win.

Remember this case was literally whether or not the US government had a right to
1) force people to work for them
2) force people to destroy their own (intellectual) property & product
>>
File: connect_4_bird.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
connect_4_bird.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>53738855
>backroom deal reached
>apple gets to save face and FBI gets everything it wants

Don't think anything otherwise really happened
>>
The US can force you to work for them

It's called conscription
>>
You realize that the only reason they would straight up drop the claim instead of just holding is because the israeli company that said they could bypass it themselves actually could, right?

Grow a brain you dumb shit.
>>
File: NSA.png (302 KB, 589x415) Image search: [Google]
NSA.png
302 KB, 589x415
>>53738888
Apple saves face by having a public fight in courts, this doesn't boost their "face" in any way.

The FBI was going to lose this case badly, and they would rather not set a precedent until there's an even more murderous attack they can exploit.
>>
>>53738855

>FBI has the technology to break any iphone (they have physical access too) if they don't they send it to the NSA, NSA to Israel.
>what they really wanted was the ability to break into phones they didn't have physical access to.
>>
>>53738888
Quads of truth.
>believing a big corporation
>believing the government
>believing an alphabet agency

fucking kek
>>
File: Conscription.png (25 KB, 337x265) Image search: [Google]
Conscription.png
25 KB, 337x265
>>53738925
That's not true
>>
>>53738963
/thread
>>
>>53738963
shoulda tacked on
>believing the media
for good measure
>>
my iPod-gifting dollars @ werk
>>
>>53738976
Here in the Netherlands we actually have conscription. When you become 17 you get a letter that anyone from 17 to 45 can be drafted at any time, but you don't have to appear yet.

So the chart is technically wrong.
>>
>>53738976
None that is enforced.

If China declared war on the US that would likely change overnight.
>>
>>53739033
The US has a draft too, that's not what the chart is about.
>>
>>53738976
That chart means that if you live in Russia, you are compelled to serve in the army for a time. If war were declared, blue countries could still make you fight.
>>
>>53738976
>tfw got conscripted & forced to join against my will.
>almost no other NATO nations left still does this.
Sad thing. Some people avoid it and in the end it turns out it's great for them.
>>
>>53739060
Conscripts are pretty bad in general though, the US doesn't like relying on them. I wonder how many people would even qualify for service with the ongoing obesity problem
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.