[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, ive been using windows 7 and now the glorious botnet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: beejesus-400.gif (68 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
beejesus-400.gif
68 KB, 400x400
Hey /g/, ive been using windows 7 and now the glorious botnet OS known as windows 10. Ive always wanted to learn about Linux and use it for the purpose of simply learning how to use and develop it.

I was thinking of starting off with arch Linux, but I'm not sure.

What I want is something that isn't Gentoo hard, but not too easy as well.

Ive had experience with moderate amounts of coding, although they're relatively fragmented.
>>
>>53737415
I recommend Debian or Fedora, not as easy as Ubuntu but not too hard. Arch might be too much to start with.
Also >>flt
>>
Installing an OS =/= developing.

It seriously doesn't matter what distro you use unless you're developing for the userland for that specific distro.
>>
>>53737446
i'll take that into consideration. thanks anon

>>53737493
my goal is basically just heavily modify the os for me. so basically just modifying it isn't really developing?

I guess i'll need to reconsider this
>>
>>53737591
Just install the distro that easily recognizes your hardware and system configuration. Try out antergos if you want an arch distro that you wish to heavily modified down the line. It's 100% arch but just an ezmode install.
>>
Don't fall for the "install linux if you want to learn to code" meme. It doesn't make any fucking difference. Worse, it's overall a painful experience. Been there my friend.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.