[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could make Android better. What would you change?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_20160328-164349.png (156 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160328-164349.png
156 KB, 1080x1920
If you could make Android better. What would you change?
>>
>>53737088
i would say fuck you to google and make it a standalone project again
>>
>>53737088
Would opensores it
>>
>>53737088
would set actual app quality standards and remove 95% of apps in the play store.
>>
>>53737088
No java
>>
>>53737232
That's pretty fucking botnet
>>
>>53737232
So iOS?
>>
Increase the price, remove the microsd slot, charge me 5 dollars a gig for internal storage, disable NFC and WPS.

t. Macfag
>>
>>53737303
haista vittu helvetin paska android ebin meme hermanni
>>
>>53737088
Everything.
>>
>>53737088
Get rid of every line of Java
>>
>>53737088
real multitasking, say I am browsing screen settings on the settings menu but I switch to WhatsApps to read a message. When I get back to the settings menu I am no longer on the screen settings but on the main menu settings. WTF???
>>
>>53737569
this is a small bug but makes a big difference
>>
>>53737088

>reduce system overhead
>reduce swappiness

Jesus Christ, there's a reason everybody calls it Lagdroid, and they all correct.
>>
>>53737088
Get rid of java for an alternative that offers better performance.
>>
>>53737088
better animations and transitions.

We know android lags, with a few animations this problem could be solved.
>>
>>53737088
>>53737171
>>53737175
What the fuck. Hasnt it always been open source? Or do you mean active involvement into the open source stock apps like calendar, browser and messages that got abandoned in favour of their botnet counterparts?

>>53737232
Dont forget to ban Indians.

>>53737569
This means youre running out of memory and android is killing background processes. What kind of shit phone you have? I only had problems with this with 1gb ram phones, 2gb and proper tuning of OOM values solves this. That said android is still not true multitasking the way the N900 was.
>>
>>53737645
adaptive icons on homescreen

calendar showing current day
Gmail showing number of message (native notifications no third party plugins)
better support for text and doc documents (working offline, adding pdfs and documents to the homescreen)
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.