[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be me >NEET >Have smartphone >People always asking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: neet.gif (3 MB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
neet.gif
3 MB, 580x326
>Be me
>NEET
>Have smartphone
>People always asking how i can afford a smartphone and not work
>People don't know you can use a smartphone without a plan

Why are non-neets so technologically illiterate?
>>
>>53736106
but how can you afford to buy a smartphone in the first place?
A more general question, how do you afford life?
>>
>>53736214
I live rent free with parents and i make money buying and selling random shit on letgo and craigslist.
>>
>>53736106
Because they are too bust making money not to spend it at every opportunity in order to prove their status in our consumerist society.
>>
>>53736245
Having a savings isn't a bad thing
>>
>>53736245
Basically this.

My brother works like a mule and makes mad bank but spends every dime he makes, I used to do that same when i worked, Work life is like a hamster wheel, You keep running and running and never get anywhere.
>>
>>53736106
The difference between a tech person and a non-tech person is their blood so to speak.
>>
>>53736270
so doing nothing is better?

damn i can't wait for the paperwork to clear and my new car to get here
>>
>>53736241
oh, so you do stuff to get money.
you're just not someone's employee

oh the subject, people always ask me how I can live without a smartphone (use an old nokia), but they ask me that even when I'm holding my tablet right in front of their faces.
>>
>>53736106
are you me?
>>
>>53736311
Why? So you can replace the one you just bought last year?
>>
>>53736335
yes
>>
>>53736106
They have bought into this idea that you have to so things you hate to have some things you want and so they get upset ehrm they see people who didn't buy into that and still have things
>>
>>53736214
I'm living "quasi-NEET". I go to uni, but don't "work" nor do I have student loans to pay off.

College here is "free". Since my parents aren't legally registered as being employed (they do have decent jobs though, it's just "not official"), It literally is free, at least for me, because my parents pay a pittance in tax due to their labor situation. Also, because I'm studing a STEM degree that's "critical to national growth" (niche oil job), I get a half decent sum of money each month from the gubment in the form of a scholarship.

The norm here is to live with your parents. My room has a door leading to the front yard, and I'm the only one who has the key for it. Mom and Pop made it perfectly clear I was welcome in their home and expect nothing in return as long as I work towards my degree. Most of the money I get from my scholarship goes to paying for our ridiculously fast (at least for my country's standards) Internet and upgrading all sorts of tech in the house. I already have a computer, everyone photocopies textbooks (the teacher will leave have the photocopy store scan the book he has and tell them to start stockpiling copies), so the cost of studying is just reams of paper.

I get extra spending money from fixing family (my absolutely ridiculously huge extended family, more than 30 cousins and they're all older than me and have at least two kids, and that's just my mom's side) and acquaintance's computers, assorted electronics, and tutoring their children.
>>
>>53736536
this sounds pretty decent and functional, and overall a civilized way to live.
>>
>>53736510
I don't get why people do this, honestly.

>Is it free from mechanical flaws?
>Does it get decent milage?
>Does the inside not smell like shit?
>Is it not a deathtrap?
>Is it a color other than pink?

I don't care how ugly or old it is, if it meets those criteria, might as well we anything else that does.
>>
File: celta.jpg (179 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
celta.jpg
179 KB, 1280x853
>>53736698
I don't get it either.

I have a 14 year old Celta Super and it never once broke on me.
>>
>>53736683
But the hacker known as 4chan always told me that if I'm not living by myself the day day after my 18th birthday I'm a massive failure!
>>
>>53736847
That's the narrative the consumerists keep regurgitating, They say im a failure for being an adult living at home and they have been through failed mariages, Have kids they don't really want, Jobs they hate, In tons of debt etc, But supposedly they are better than me.
>>
>>53737060
The goal in life should be to live on your own, as in not depending on anyone.
But people think that the goal is to afford expensive stuff, and they enter in huge depts in other to look like they achieved that.
>>
>>53737160
It's a myth, Even if you own your own home you still have to depend on your job to keep it.

Everyone is dependent in this system, If true financial independence were possible no one would bother working.
>>
>>53736756
that looks like a 15 years old opel corsa
>>
>>53737229
I meant as not needing finacial support.
To earn your money, doesn't matter if it's from a job or doing different stuff like OP, and be able to afford your living expenses.
>>
>>53736241
Self-employment is a form of employment. If you make a profit, you are self-employed and not a NEET.

I'm sick of people claiming to be NEETs just because they're self-employed and don't make a whole lot of money.
>>
>>53736698
my old car was a 94' golf mk3 that took in water, was more rust than metal bust suspension, bad alternator, and at last it blew a head gasket, so i decided to scrap it.

now i am waiting on my brand new vw up to get cleared, it goes twice as long pr liter gas, is half the price to ensure, and generally much cheaper to own.

but of course i would not be able to own a car at all if i didn't have a job.

old cars are a scam, a new car is far cheaper.
>>
>>53737341
I count myself as a neet because my income is not steady, Even homeless people generate some income panhandling, Does that mean they are not neets either?

If you are not employed or in school or job training you are a neet.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ_HTABr7hA
>>
>>53737384
Panhandling is not providing a product or service - it's just begging for money. One can panhandle and still be a NEET.

However, if you provide some sort of product/service in exchange for money, even if it's inconsistent, you are not a NEET.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.