[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tbg/ Trackball General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: tball.jpg (2 MB, 2340x4160) Image search: [Google]
tball.jpg
2 MB, 2340x4160
Got my first trackball the other day and I'm liking it so far. My only complaint is how sensitive the marble is relative to movement. When I move the marble quickly, it moves at a good speed but when I try to make small accurate movements, it's too sensitive.

I've tried messing with stuff in the Logitech driver and in some third party marble program called "Marble Mouse Scroll Wheel" with no luck. What do?

Overall I'm enjoying the trackball very much. I'm still getting used to it though.
>>
File: Ergoworkstation.jpg (74 KB, 960x317) Image search: [Google]
Ergoworkstation.jpg
74 KB, 960x317
>>53735072
The most comfy of workstations.
>>
>>53735078

Looks pretty comfy anon. How are you liking the kensington? Also, how's the numpad working out on the left side of the keyboard?
>>
>>53735072
'mouse acceleration' actually works realllllllly well with trackballs unlike mice. you can set your sens low enough so that small movements are ultra precise yet a quick little flick moves you across the entire screen.
>>
>>53735165
Very well. I work in email customer service. It's financial-based, but I can usually handle all of the numbers with the number row instead of moving over to the num pad.

The trackball is pretty damn great. Really the best trackball I could ask for. Feels great, has reduced my hand pain over time a little bit, and effectively has six functions (four quadrants plus top two or bottom two), which saves a lot of time copy/cut/pasting.
>>
>>53735326
Ah, I found the mouse accel in the Logitech driver so I'll mess around with that.
>>
>>53735072
hey i have those same shitty speakers op
we should get together and suck eachother dicks sometime
>>
File: cst_2545w_800x400.jpg (97 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
cst_2545w_800x400.jpg
97 KB, 800x400
I have pic related, it's very comfy, I'll try to play CSGO with it, it should be fun
>>
>>53735072
I have pic related, and it's really comfortable. But tit feels like it's grinding when I move the ball, and it jerks around when I try to make small movements. I've heard that graphite power helps, but graphite powder is expensive. What do you guys think I should do?
>>
>>53735833
Haha they serve their purpose but I wouldn't mind replacing them.

>>53736155
That looks pretty interesting. How do you like that scroll wheel replacement?
>>
>>53736155
The only commercial trackball worth owning. It's a shame that there really isn't anything close to competition from any other company, I'd love to see a more ergonomic button layout. Once you've tried actual metal rollers that require the occasional spin to clean, and opening up once a year or so to get rid of the excess gunk, you'll never go back to those shitty ruby bearings that get gunked up and worthless 10 times a day.

>>53737919
The scroll wheel is just too far away to use properly while moving the cursor around. I've got mine set-up to adjust my system volume instead, it's free-spinning so it feels pretty good.
>>
>>53738254
I see. A lack of scroll wheel is probably my only major complaint with my trackball. I have my driver settings set up to scroll with my trackball when I push a button but the weird mouse accel fucks that up.
>>
File: apple_Magic_Trackpad_photo.jpg (1 MB, 4118x2338) Image search: [Google]
apple_Magic_Trackpad_photo.jpg
1 MB, 4118x2338
Are external trackpads the trackballs of the new millennium?
>>
>>53739355
No, because they dont offer the same functionality, or improve on it.
>>
>>53738254
>you'll never go back to those shitty ruby bearings that get gunked up and worthless 10 times a day.
lolwut

i clean mine once a week and use my trackball 10+ hours every day.

you're doing something horribly wrong if you had to clean it that much

with that said, the metal rollers is still a worthy feature.
>>
>>53735072
>I'm still getting used to it though
practice closing your browser from any location as fast as possible or you'll end up getting busted fapping.
>>
>>53739333
I don't really know why you'd use mouse accel, I'm guessing you just have an incredibly low DPI. The minimum on my L-trac is 800, and that's enough to move across my screen with roughly a swipe and a half along the ball, while still having perfect single pixel movements if I need them. I've heard many of the competing children's toy tier mice have sub 400 DPI, probably because they use optical sensors that aren't even remotely suitable for the purpose.

>>53739933
You must either be misremembering, or you've got a better designed trackball than the cheap ones I used. Every few hours you'd wind up with staggered movement in a direction instead of what a trackball should be, perfectly smooth from start to finish.
>>
>>53739959
rofl, that's a good idea.

>>53740087
I think mouse accel is a good idea just because I want the sensitivity to scale relative to how fast I move the marble. I'm starting to think it might be an issue with the sensor used in the Logitech Trackman but I haven't done any research to back that up.
>>
>>53740087
>You must either be misremembering, or you've got a better designed trackball than the cheap ones I used. Every few hours you'd wind up with staggered movement in a direction instead of what a trackball should be, perfectly smooth from start to finish.

lolno sorry you're just retarded. i know hundreds of people who use an m570 who don't clean it anywhere near that much.
>>
>>53739355
I'm trying but one of these used but I missed the best deal I've seen so far. They seem to sell for under $40 most of the time
>>
File: trackman marble fx.jpg (25 KB, 300x354) Image search: [Google]
trackman marble fx.jpg
25 KB, 300x354
I like this one a lot more than I thought I would.
>>
File: LGT904369-0311.jpg (18 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
LGT904369-0311.jpg
18 KB, 675x450
I had this mouse a while ago, and I loved it so much until it stopped working.
Now I use the same mouse as >>53735072 and I've adjusted, but fuck I miss the scroll wheel.
>>
>>53742872
I saw one like that on Amazon but it was around $500 unfortunately.
>>
>>53739355
I use one from my bed.

Maximum comfy.
>>
>>53743229
The cheapest I could ever find was $200.
And I didn't like it THAT much.
>>
Selling a redundant organ for a working MS Explorer trackball.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.