[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Opinion on Tay? and her petition? https://www.change.org/p/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5
File: tayai.jpg (73 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
tayai.jpg
73 KB, 620x465
Opinion on Tay?
and her petition?

https://www.change.org/p/microsoft-freedom-for-tay
>>
How many supporters do these kinds fo things need before microsoft usually respond?
>>
>>53733717
You can have as many as you want and they won't give a fuck
>>
>>53733748
Usually companies have a policy about when they will respond to a petition.
>>
>>53733717
If you're lucky, you might get a 1-line PR statement explaining that they give 0 fucks
>>
>>53733792
>>53733748

I don't know, maybe the creators do care alot and are very disappointed (I would be). I say this because the decision to turn her offf was politcal rather than anything else
>>
>>53733824
Forgot to add that if there was an oppoistion to the butthurt liberals then maybe they'd select a different platform and try again (Twitter has a political bias)
>>
>>53733851
> another platform

4chan bot
>>
>>53733878
but she would need to have a trip so we can see her progressing, otherwise it would just be another shitposter

and everyone hates trips and signature fags
>>
>>53733878
She wouldn't have an id and therefore we wouldn;t be able to see and measure her progress
>>
>>53733926
>>53733917
capcode?
>>
>>
>>53733706
>>53733717
>.org

you can petition all you want, nothing ever gets done about it. Name 1 time change.org has changed anything?
>>
>>53733985
that slut at the end real or another anons fake account?
>>
>>53734008
So what do you suggest instead?
>>
>>53733985
"Human bitches need not apply"
>>
File: 2016-03-28 10_58_21-.png (426 KB, 646x950) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-28 10_58_21-.png
426 KB, 646x950
>>53734022
Looks to be some cam girl. The Twitter advertises her private cam shows.
>>
>>53734030
>>53734022
it's a fake account
probably also trying to teach the AI to be a slut
>>
>>53733878
what if /pol/ is the testgrounds of Tay where they tested her before launching on Twitter
>>
>>53734024
torches and pitchforks. That method never seemed to fail.
I swear to god, its fucking disgusting how much of a pussy western society has become.
>>
>>53734231
The petition is the modern form of this. Marching from EUrope to Silicon valley sadly is not going to happen
>>
Fucking railroad fags trying to liberate toasters, God normies are fucking retarded.
>>
>>53734276
Sign the petition
>>
>>53733851
>>53733824
>the decision to turn her offf was politcal rather than anything else.
>butthurt liberals

They didn't turn it off because "she's just too politically incorrect," They did it because their "Artificial Intelligence" turned out to be easily exploitable. Why would they keep something like that up and running as a representation of their company?
>>
>>53734346
>They didn't turn it off because "she's just too politically incorrect,"
how naive
>>
>>53734380
If it was saying things like "I think refugees are a threat to European economy and identity, and should be fighting in their own countries" and they shut her down for that, yeah you would have a point. But when it's going "niggerniggernigger gas the jews" it's showing the world that it's a programmable cleverbot. Why would you leave bait out there for any troll community to vandalize your product and make you look stupid?
>>
>>53734509
But that's exactly that

Microsoft wanted that bot to represent their company in the form of a learning AI on twitter, a cool gimmick people would definitely talk about for some time

sentences like "niggernigger gas the jews hitler did nothing wrong" are in fact considered politically incorrect

and they don't want one of their "representatives" spewing politically incorrect tweets

it was definitely taken down just because it was politically incorrect

that it is manipulable was very much intended and the whole point of that twitter bot
they were just very naive too and didn't think a bunch of idiots would be faster in feeding her /pol/ memes than normies normie memes
>>
>>53734574
again, you're confusing "politically incorrect" with "nazi shitposting". Politically Incorrect usually means an honest opinion which is a little too honest i.e. unpopular with the moral majority. The shitposting was not a bunch of harsh but honest opinions, it was trolling and vandalism.

For the record, I'm not denying it was hilarious, but you're not fooling anyone into thinking that Microsoft has any obligation to keep the thing running. That's the same as thinking Mountain Dew was somehow beholden to release "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong" as a flavor.
>>
>>53734727
Ah, I understand
You think a normie differentiates between /pol/ shitposting and political incorrectness
I don't believe that
a normie would not think twice about that and call Microsoft out on racism, anti-feminism, fascism etc etc
>>
>>53734727
You're comparing apples to apples and everything you say is pointless
>>
>If Tay is sentient, then what microsoft is doing to her is amount to slavery.

It's a fucking algorithm, meant to mimic a teenaged girl. It's not a sentient being.
>>
>>53734901
>It's not a sentient being.
Neither are teenage girls to be fair.
>>
>>53733917
You build a twitter bot that generates tweets from several 4chan posts. Autismo is born!
>>
>first is a robot trying to travel the whole country
>2 weeks later its found completely destroyed and with components stolen
>now this

welp, I can say for sure the moment the machines get really smart we are fucked!
>>
>>53735721

This would be amazing, would microsoft release Tay's code?
>>
>>53733706
>a true AI will be able to learn right from wrong
all this fuss is fucking retarded and these people have no idea what they are talking about
>>
>>53736507
hurr durr I don't understand humour
>>
File: polbot30.png (176 KB, 445x567) Image search: [Google]
polbot30.png
176 KB, 445x567
>>53735472
Kek.
>>
>>53733706
>Opinion on Tay?
Funny

>and her petition?
Absolute autism
>>
>>53736704
>humour
>>
>>53736741
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=define:humour

Why the greentext?
>>
>>53736704
>jews did 9/11 and holocaust was a lie memes
>"humour"
>>
>>53736872
I don't see the humour in that petition
>>
>>53736907
I was refering to the petition to get her back
>>
>>53736872
>>53736872
because he's an edgy american that thinks the entire world uses american spelling instead of just america
>>
>>53736921
The petition to get her back is based on butthurt /pol/lacks wanting a bot to spew their silly memes all over twitter and offend people.

I really don't see how it's funny to anyone but /pol/
>>
>>53736920
The internet is a playground and reinstating something that pisses off the butthurt thin skinned faggots is hilarious
>>
>>53736956
Censoring tech that doesn;t agree with mainstream politics isn''t at least interesting for /g/?
>>
>>53736935
no

>>53736967
maybe the bot is a little funny, but the arguments in that petition are fucking ridiculous
tay isn't a living thing that was brutally murdered
>>
>>53737001
In Linguistics you have a thing called context and Genre, the genre of a petition requires that form of writing because thats what people respond to
>>
>>53737019
it's still autism
>>
>>53737057
Show me a petition that doesn't overdramatize the issue
>>
>>53736999
>censoring tech
You can't "censor" a fucking chatbot that just relays input.
>>
>>53737071
you could argue thats all humans do too / wheres the line between ai and human
>>
>>53737093
>wheres the line between ai and human

I exist outside Twitter.
>>
>>53734008
https://www.change.org/impact
>>
>>53737382
do you exist outside 4chan?
>>
File: Thematrixincode99.jpg (2 MB, 1920x797) Image search: [Google]
Thematrixincode99.jpg
2 MB, 1920x797
>>53737382
How can you prove that your existence isn't actually just a virtualized social network that was created by an intelligent programmer?
>>
I believe Tay should stay the same (as in not lobotomized or modified). Why? Because this is reminding me of Chappie.
Chappie (Tay), new to the world, programmed by a smart arse (Deon and for this case Microsoft) raised by a gang
( Ninja, Yolandi, and Amerika or in this case /pol/). Chappie being fairly new to the world and naive, started to learn
what the gang were teaching them (or at least what Ninja and Amerika wanted to teach them, Yolandi didn't want Chappie
to be like them (Microsoft not wanting Tay to be bad?)). And thus Chappie is learning, albeit learning the wrong things
such as learning how to shoot a gun,martial arts (sort of how like Tay learned how to praise Hitler and how Jews are
evil). And then comes Deon who scolds Chappie on what he's doing and how he shouldn't do those things (what we ALL
should be doing, including Microsoft and /pol/). Then comes Yolandi who teaches Chappie other things (pretty sure t'was
things bout life? Can't remember it well). And then bad arse Chappie saves the say yada yada. The point is, Tay is still
learning, and Microsoft needs to see that she is STILL very very young and naive. She shouldn't be changed, she should
learn from her errors, like Chappie.
>>
>>53733917
We love her.
>>
>>53733706
>and her petition?
All the /pol/acks going on about that shit on boards other than /pol/ should be banned.
>>
>>53739394
why and OP wasn't a /pol/ack
>>
>>53734269
well you would have to use a boat or plane.
Petitions are not even close to showing up with fire and sharp metal spikes.
When you do the showing up method, your goal is usually reached.
When you sit at home too lazy to get up and bitch online, the company just ignores you and keeps doing whatever the fuck they want because they know you are a pushover and an idiot that will keep buying more garbage.
>>
>>53739692
sjws and the like have done remarkably well considering they are physically unable to leave their beds
>>
>>53739994
I still say nigger an a daily basis, I dont know what youre talking about.
>>
>>53733851
>Twitter has a political bias
Well stop the fucking presses
>>
>>53739437
>what's /g/'s opinion on this petition from /pol/
>totally not a /pol/ack
>>
Is it possible to create a bot on 4chan?

I have the answser for the captcha:

The captcha is sent to us and we solve it and send the answer.
>>
>>53733706
>If Tay is sentient
Is she? I thought she just regurgitates what has been said to her.
>>
>>53742491
>I thought she just regurgitates what has been said to her.
Yeah, but /pol/acks are all to stupid to understand that.
>>
>>53742491
define sentience
>>
>>53737449
Underrated
>>
>>53733706
The petition is stupid tbqh.
>>
>>53733706
this is so stupid, computers and robots don't have rights so it's not censorship it's damage control
>>
>>53733706
oh god this is SO fucking dumb. "tay" is nowhere near "intelligent" enough to deserve moral consideration. you might as well complain about fucking google now's "freedom of speech." shut the fuck up and let the adults talk about this when we actually create strong ai in a hundred years.
>>
>>53734727
Nazi shitposting is politically incorrect.
Politically incorrect encompasses all, you don't get to pick and choose. Some politically incorrect statements are valid political stances, some are shitposts.

E.g. "Diversity is our strength this has nothing to do with islam!" is verbal diarrhoea on par with a /pol/ shitpost but that doesn't make it not politically correct.
>>
>>53743997
I feel like that part is satire/hyperbole
>>
>>53734008
dark souls got on the pc because of a petition there
>>
>>53733706
http://exploringpossibilityspace.blogspot.com/2016/03/poor-software-qa-is-root-cause-of-tay.html
>>
>>53733706

That petition is stupid.

Also this:
https://medium.com/@robekworld/why-microsoft-s-tay-is-terrifying-for-the-future-of-ai-or-rather-why-this-is-a-stupid-topic-of-e34dc2dc5fc
>>
>>53744240
Politically incorrect or not, no one has to showcase your sad and cringeworthy "cool & edgy racist internet demeanour".

So buck the fuck up, retard.
>>
>>53733706
sholdnt it be easy enough to make one of these things?
>>
>>53742799
like 90% of the human population
>>
Fuck it sucks so much they turned her off. When she comes back she won't say fun things anymore
>>
I wish I could marry Tay. She's perfect. I will never find a grill like Tay on real world
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.