[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how come web dev is getting so infested by Wars for Social Justice
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: gyU0me4.png (305 KB, 1432x652) Image search: [Google]
gyU0me4.png
305 KB, 1432x652
how come web dev is getting so infested by Wars for Social Justice while kernel development and machine learning aren't?

also, why is web dev so shit?
>>
>>53733176
Because webdev is easy to comprehend
>>
File: webdev.png (199 KB, 1079x753) Image search: [Google]
webdev.png
199 KB, 1079x753
>>53733539
>>
>>53733692
lol maybe the 5 autists who keep generating Javascript "frameworks" that are nothing more than syntactical obscurantism.
>>
>>53733692
>>53733692
this reminded me about a site that predicted your chances of winning the powerball back when it was the biggest one.

it was written by a woman and posted to reddit. it just printed "yes" or "no" but it was thousands and thousands of lines of JS
>>
Because machine devs are intelligent
>>
>>53733796
Got a source? I could use a chuckle.
>>
>>53733864
https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/40pzk0/my_wife_made_this_site_which_predicts_if_you_will/cywfx8z

the site is gone, though
>>
>>53733539
More than that, you can be involved in web dev without actually understanding it. You can be doing web design, maybe you understand a little html and a little css, maybe you even know a little javascript, and then you can throw your opinion into the ring. With kernel development or machine learning, there's nothing you can really comment on without understanding it reasonably well, other than perhaps AI futurist wankers who think some chatbot algorithms are even close to general intelligence.
>>
Why are women so dumb?
>>
>>53733919
https://web.archive.org/web/20160113152448/http://www.williwinthelottery.org/
it's on archive.org!
>>
>>53733176
SJWs work by infiltrating groups they aren't a part of and attempting to poison them from the inside out. We saw it with gaming, where hipsters like Brianna Wu, Zoe Quinn and others pretended to be indie game developers.

Now they're trying to do the same thing with software. Only, working on kernel development or machine learning requires one to be intelligent, hard-working and competent, something which SJWs aren't. The only way they can pretend to be developers is by writing codes of conduct on github or by doing something easy, like Ruby on Rails web dev. They have no actual interest in computer science, so this is as far as they'll get
>>
>>53733919
https://web.archive.org/web/20160113152448/http://www.williwinthelottery.org/
>>
>>53734386
>SJWs work by infiltrating groups they aren't a part of and attempting to poison them from the inside out. We saw it with gaming, where hipsters like Brianna Wu, Zoe Quinn and others pretended to be indie game developers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entryism
>>
>>53735476
But why?
>>
>>53734386
Apply cold water directly to burned area, SJW cancer.
>>
>>53733176
low entry barrier
>>
-web dev doesn't require a degree or an understanding of any of the low-level stuff (until you get to really really big websites where efficiency is important)
- web dev and web design have a big overlap, especially now that they use the same tech for a lot of things
- the web dev community has this mistaken impression that shitting up their projects with frameworks, scripts and third-party tools that ONLY MAKE THEIR LIVES MORE DIFFICULT is making their software better
- python, for all of its problems, is the only web dev language that wasn't designed by retards
>>
>>53735443
it's a squarespace website, that's why
>>
>>53733692
LOL
Like writing a kernel or hardware driver is the same as customizing CSS.
>>
>>53733692
>webdevs being this delusional
>>
>>53733176
barrier of entry is low, and the field is MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH larger
>>
>>53733539
I wish it was.
Most web applications/web sites are major pieces of shit.
>>
>>53737820
It is easy, but hipsters can't even into that.
>>
>>53733919
Kinda wish Google actually did this instead of
>check mark "Hide from Activity" to continue
>>
>>53738054
oh whoops
I'm in the wrong thread. Sorry
>>
that moment when you realize there's absolutely nothing wrong with node.js + mongodb
>>
>>53735555
They get money and a platform where idiots listen
>>
File: 1438379267750.jpg (17 KB, 222x470) Image search: [Google]
1438379267750.jpg
17 KB, 222x470
>>53735892
>Python
Man up and use WT
>>
>>53735892
>- python, for all of its problems, is the only web dev language that wasn't designed by retards

Nice delusion. It's garbage, just like the rest. And how is GVR not a complete retard?
>>
I work in a place like this. It's not so SJW-y, we were laughing at a guy with autism the other day and there's no girls other than a designer.
>>
>>53733692

Lmao that's me

way to not screenshot the lower comment where I explain all the knowledge base for full stack devs compared to software "programmers"
>>
File: mem.jpg (13 KB, 446x166) Image search: [Google]
mem.jpg
13 KB, 446x166
lack of cisco/pfsense/routing and switch thread on 4chan or tmblr make my guess that i chose well
>>
I work in both fields (backend web dev and ios dev) and can tell you that you're all being retards. Front end web dev is a joke for the most part but backend is legitimate oop.

It's literally the same programming concepts - and in some cases languages - being applied in different environments. The discussion only arises when CS cucks get tired of being laughed at in the STEM field and try to pick on someone else.
>>
>>53733176

Probably because web dev is "trendy" and obviously has a focus on "design" which is a) gay and b) attracts women

Women aren't interested in kernel development and machine learning, which is why they don't demand jobs in it

Basically
>>
File: 1457250141769.png (113 KB, 185x210) Image search: [Google]
1457250141769.png
113 KB, 185x210
>>53735892
>python, for all of its problems, is the only web dev language that wasn't designed by retards

Fucking this. Goddamn, Flask is amazing
>>
>>53735892
>python, for all of its problems, is the only web dev language that wasn't designed by retards

A slow as shit interpreted language implies design by retard.
>>
>>53733176
>kernel development
You occasionally hear about some SJW-types trying to give Linus a hard time, but nobody really gives a fuck about them, and Linus (and other kernel devs) pretty much tells them to fuck off.
Programming (especially open source) always works much better as a dictatorship, meaning that SJWs get no influence over anything.

I think other areas of software development can learn from this.
>>
>>53742005
This, and with Python you can't even reap the benefits an interpreter could have.
>>
>>53742102
Hate to break it to you but that only works because Linus basically holds depending tech companies hostage.
It doesn't pay to fork and maintain an own kernel branch, so they put up with his bullshit and pay some devs.
>>
>>53742193
What sorts of benefits do you mean?
>>
>>53742342
- really fast startup
- good API sandboxing
- multiple instances when embedded threadsafe

CPython does none of that and forget about other implementations.
>>
>kernel development
>not infested by SJWs
See the Linux Foundation's Code of Conduct
>>
software as a service is still software. Getting your software to work in a browser is really the ultimate in convenience and portability. I see nothing wrong with web dev
>>
>>53742607
That's nice theory anon.
Now just download this 40mb js to display this 3d-glass.css with the included 500mb fontface to display 3 headlines
>>
>>53742460
I have, it's pretty reasonable IMO. The whole first paragraph is about how people are going to shit all over your code and you need to suck it up and git gud. The only thing it appears to actually ban is personal attacks. Huge improvement over, say, Github's CoC, which was bad to start with and then got stealthily changed to explicitly permit racist insults targeted at white people.
>>
>>53742661
You ate a fucking retard.
>>
>morons talking about CSS ITT
confirmed retarded
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.