[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/g/ story thread >Be cringewalker >Autistic and weird
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
/g/ story thread

>Be cringewalker
>Autistic and weird tendencies and interests and preference for hermitdom
>Still socially successful and liked by other people
>Considering going to Computer Science
>Top-tier university
>Go to an open house to hear about the classes and the college in general
>Sit down in the lecture hall
>Nothing but neck-beards and complete autists
>Only 2 girls there have face piercings, are fat, and neon colored hair
>I look the most normal just for being shaven, short-haired, showered and wearing a zipper sweater
>Some normal looking girl comes in after a while and looks around almost frightened
>"Lecture" starts about the college
>They come up with a few 'questions' to show what you can learn at first
>I'm the only one who answers and do it correctly
>People look at me weird, like I shouldn't know this while looking like a dudebro
>Question time
>"When can we maek vidyagaemz?"
>Both neckbears and the neon-haired fat girls ask
>He answers than you can use it for that, but pay for game developers is almost half of anything else you can do
>Considering telling them that they don't even need a degree for vidya but decide to just shut up
>Lecture over and we are shown around
>Talk with guy for 2 minutes about programming
>The only normal girl walks over to me to talk
>Doesn't ever leave the conversation or talk with anyone else. She almost seems scared of the other people
>The guy I talked with walks behind me in complete silence for the next 30 minutes

Did I just have a bad one-off experience with this?
>>
>>53730111
>>People look at me weird, like I shouldn't know this while looking like a dudebro

I got this look so often in CS classes.
>>
>>53730111
>>53731037
The neckbeards who just sit at home playing games disgust me.
People think that these people are the ones who become succesful programmers but most succesful programmers look normal, have a healthy social life, girlfriend/wife and children.
>>
>>53731037
So it's common?

>>53731131
I think it's more a symptom than a cause.
If you're functioning there is a bigger chance you'll have a wife and children.
>>
>>53730111
Just focus on your study and stop caring if the people in your class are autistic or landwhales or whatever.
>>
File: 1455359290715.jpg (644 KB, 923x923) Image search: [Google]
1455359290715.jpg
644 KB, 923x923
>>53730111
>Be OP
>Make shit thread on /g/
>>
>>53730111

You will probably be surprised at how quickly some of the "maek vidyagaemz" people drop out once they realize CS isn't about making games.

I only know one guy in my university that went with CS with the intention of working at a games studio once he graduated that managed to push through it and intern at a games studio.
>>
File: 1451033246293.png (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451033246293.png
141 KB, 800x600
>>53732866
Sadly, the other retards never drop out
>>
>>53730111
Fake and gay
>>
>>53733199
I fucking wish it was.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.