[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /g/ I'm sick of my 2nd Gen. Ipod Touch. It's slow
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (562 KB, 620x433) Image search: [Google]
file.png
562 KB, 620x433
Hi /g/

I'm sick of my 2nd Gen. Ipod Touch. It's slow as hell after all these years and need a replacement. I was looking at the Samsung Player 5.0 today as a replacement. Looks pretty cool. Does /g/ recommend it over the newer iPod Touch/ any other touchscreen media player? I don't have a touchscreen smartphone because they're all shit. I usually just stick to touchscreen media players and stuff like that.
Help a friend out, /g/.
>>
Just buy a Moto G or a galaxy s3 brand new for less than the cost of a new iPod. They aren't that terrible
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>53727594
>I don't have a touchscreen smartphone because they're all shit.
Constructive criticism right there OP.
I usually just stick to touchscreen media players and stuff like that.
You do understand a smartphone is a touchscreen media player that's equipped with an antennae for calling and texting right? If you're capable of using touch media players buy a smartphone already and have both in one device.
>>
>>53727594
google music and get a smartphone you pleb
>>
>>53727622
>>53728254
No, if anything it costs more than most smartphones (i think it's around 260 bucks, but don't quote me on that). I just hate smartphones in general. I'm perfectly fine with a regular phone.
>>
>>53728277
Moto G2 should be around $100.
>>
I, for one, don't like my PMP and my phone sharing the same battery; the last thing I'd like is micromanaging my usage of a media device just because I'd like to have remaining battery life for phone calls.

As for OP's concern, I own a galaxy tab wifi and an ipt4 so I can at least compare my user experience of iOS vs android (froyo).

iPT4:
+ feels snappier
+ very portable with high PPI
- iTunes
- not very customizable until jailbroken

Galaxy Wifi 5.0
+ longer battery life
+ larger screen
+ easy file transfer and expandable storage
- low resolution
- less portable
- fewer games
- I believe only 8GB internal storage, 2GB of it already already occupied out of the box

TL;DR if you like long batt life, easy managing of files, better out-of-the-box media files support, and do not mind having that lower resolution and bulkier construction, I'd say the 5.0 is the way to go. But from the user experience standpoint, the ipod touch 4 just FEELS better and the high PPI is just amazing to behold the first time around. More games on the iPT4 also helps.

Just my two cents.
>>
>>53728277
>hate smartphones
>Samsung Player 5.0

You realize the only difference is a cellular radio, right fag/g/ot?
>>
>>53727594
>dont like old apple mp3 player
>wants to buy even shittier samsung one
Get a phone and use it in airplane mode
>>
>>53728315
>Ipod touch 4
Pretty much dead, a lot of apps dont have a working version for it
>>
>>53728277
iTouch 5G
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.