[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi I'm from /x/, I come in peace. http://www.google.co
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1456744575642.jpg (82 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1456744575642.jpg
82 KB, 1680x1050
Hi I'm from /x/, I come in peace.

http://www.google.com/patents/US6506148

We found this weird patent for a mind control machine.

The inventor have several other equally surreal patents.

http://www.patentgenius.com/inventedby/LoosHendricusGLagunaBeachCA.html

If anyone knows something or understand how this abomination of science works plz let us know.

>>>/x/17517809
>>
>>53727484
That pic has a head in shape of a dick.
>>
>>53727601
Yes it fucking does.

Can you help us?
>>
>>53727675
I don't know, can I?
>>
>>53727702
You sound smart, what do you think of this?

Certain monitors can cause excitation of sensory resonances even when the pulsing of displayed images is subliminal, i.e., unnoticed by the average person. When checking this condition on a computer monitor, a problem arises because of the rounding of RGB values to integers, as occurs in the VB6 program. For small pulse amplitude the sine wave is thereby distorted into a square wave, which is easier to spot. This problem is alleviated somewhat by choosing ΔR=0, ΔG=0, and ΔB=2, since then the 8 rounded sine functions around the unit circle, multiplied with the pulse amplitude ΔB=2 become the sequence 1, 2 11 2, 1, −1 −2, −2, −1, etc, which is smoother to the eye than a square wave. Using the VB6 program and the 15″ computer monitor mentioned above with R=71, G=71, and B=233, a ½ Hz pulse modulation with amplitudes ΔR=ΔG=0 and ΔB=2 could not be noticed by the subject, and is therefore considered subliminal
>>
>>53727738
I think you should install gentoo
>>
>>53727484
Fake. Spelling errors everywhere. Oversimplification. A device like this couldn't possibly be universal, anyway.
>>
Sorry /x/ but you wont find any help on /g/, no one here has any knowledge beyond building computers and installing Linux. Try /that one math board/
>>
>>53727796
> A device like this couldn't possibly be universal

Why?

I can barely grasp what he's doing, the research in subliminal messages is really obscure.

The guy got a military contract and had a corporation with several companies, at some point someone believed in him, enough to give him money.

Maybe at least one of his inventions work.
>>
>>53727873
I asked them, they said that the electromagnetic field is to weak, that strong electromagnetic fields does affect the human body.

Also those bastards know nothing about building things.

Got to say, that you have been the nicest board so far.
>>
>>53727917
Military contracts are meaningless, they buy all kinds of crap that turns out to be a scam. You can incorporate many companies without lots of cash too. It can be a sign that you're doing something dodgy. This buy is a ripoff merchant. This technology doesn't work.
>>
>>53727873
>any Math board
>Giving a fuck about /x/
What are you, a retard?
>>
>>53727738
It sounds like he's going through shades of colors which are so similar that the viewer can't tell them apart. Not sure what to tell you besides it's pretty obvious some RGB colors are really fucking close to each other.
>>
File: 1456448000662.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1456448000662.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
I very quickly glanced over the write up and half of it just seems to be how the CRT functions
the other half is a bunch of techno-jargon
A good word of advice is my experience with patent write ups are that they are made to be as vague
and confusing as possible for future patent trolling.
I wouldn't understand any of the science behind the neurology or psychology involved in any of this.
and I doubt you will find anyone on /g/ that could tell you the "science" behind this.
maybe implement the flow chart he has on there, or tell you how to build the device
maybe try /diy/ see what they make of it.
>>
>>53727484
there's a lot of patents for things that are silly or that don't work, anon.
>>
>>53728283
forgot to add
as other anons have pointed out, just cause it has a patent doesn't mean it does jack shit
>>
>>53727484
Rambling bs.
They go on about their fucking visual basic program for like four paragraphs when it isn't even relevant. And of course, there's no mention of data to support the existence of the effect. Crappy claim as well, it's so specific it could easily be circumvented.
>>
>>53728235
Na, I just don't give fuck.

>>53728283
Good point, I been reading his work on Hopfield memory and it makes sense, that work was supported by the military, the neurology makes sense but the practical application is the complicated part.

On my way to /diy/ see you later.
>>
>>53727738
i think you should get a less stupid hobby. why not dress up as a girl and learn c++?
>>
>>53728548
learning c++ is not going to get me chicks even if I dress as one, and I just had a curiosity attack, it happens.
>>
File: giger_alien.jpg (94 KB, 990x641) Image search: [Google]
giger_alien.jpg
94 KB, 990x641
>>53727601

HR Giger Actually intended for it to look phallic in nature, the tail was supposed to look penis like as well, but that detail was redacted from the movies.
>>
/g/ isnt going to help you. if i could i would help, but this does seem really interesting.
>>
>>53728764
>>
File: IMG_20160306_101138.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160306_101138.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>53727998
>/g/
>nicest board
I weep for the future of humanity, then.

As for your question, the patent refers to
>Physiological effects
And these seem to be the following:
>An easily detectable physiological effect of an excited ½ Hz sensory resonance is ptosis of the eyelids
...which is fucking nothing.

Also:
>Since the spontaneous spiking of the nerves is rather random and the frequency modulation induced by the pulsed field is very shallow, the signal to noise ratio (S/N) for the fm signal contained in the spike trains along the afferent nerves is so small as to make recovery of the fm signal from a single nerve fiber impossibile. But application of the field over a large skin area causes simultaneous stimulation of many cutaneous nerves, and the fm modulation is then coherent from nerve to nerve.
Meaning:
>it's impossible, but some faggot with money will buy this if I spout pseudo-science which is understandable enough.

Tl;Dr
Might work.
Won't work because, let's face it, you won't blast electromagnetic waves in the face of people by using their monitor because of noise.
Even *IF* it worked, mind control ain't a thing; best they can do is make your eye twitch.

Sleep tight bro.
>>
>>53727738
>VB6
>Using VB at all
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.