[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The SSD Meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: benchmark.png (208 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
benchmark.png
208 KB, 1366x768
Anyone have a clue why this benchmark is quoting over 3 hours for a test?
>>
http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html

Try this
>>
>>53726161

I already did, the issue is the read speeds seem to be fine but the write speeds are like 100 MB/s which is slower than the mechanical drive.

Even now the magician software is reporting the same thing. As you can see its not a boot drive, its a brand new mSATA with nothing written to it yet. I can't seem to work out what the issue is.
>>
>>53726185
Go to Device Manager, expand "Disk Drives" and right-click the 850 EVO and select "Properties". Go to "Policies" tab and make sure "Enable write caching on the device" is checked (i.e. enabled).
>>
File: benchmark 2.png (213 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
benchmark 2.png
213 KB, 1366x768
>>53726185

Is this just software fuckery? I thought I'd just do a benchmark before I migrate to it.
>>
>>53726202

For some reason I thought that had to be disabled, it already was by default also, I thought I was supposed to get high write speeds out of the box. Fuck it its late anyway I'll do all this tomorrow, I'm hoping after I migrate and let the magician software do its thing when its the actual boot drive it'll be all good.
>>
>>53726317
What do you mean "do all this?" Check the fucking box and you are good to go.
>>
>>53726331

I mean shifting all my media to an external drive so it doesn't have to copy all of it over to the SSD as its substantial, then later put it back on the internal HDD.
>>
>>53726118
Is Samsung Magician worth installing btw?
I have the disk just laying around never used it
>>
>>53726361
You have to write 40GB a day for like 4 years for your SSD to burn out. Don't worry about lifetime.
>>
>>53726377
no
>>
>>53726377

I don't think so unless you're using a sammy SSD as your boot drive. Doesn't seem much use to me right now.
>>
>>53726379

More than that actually. For this drive its rated at about 80GB a day for over 10 years. I just don't want it full to the brim with my music and shit.
>>
>>53726392
I have a 850 evo 250g has an Bootdrive currently
>>
>>53726445

Ah well, you're already using it and doing well I guess so this software is rather useless now.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.