[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You ready to check that privilege, /g/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
You ready to check that privilege, /g/?
>>
I'd actually love to see it, to see why they say that

and then I can mock it
>>
File: 1408995263384.png (304 KB, 620x582) Image search: [Google]
1408995263384.png
304 KB, 620x582
>>
>>53725533
This is so blatantly racist.
Imagine if I made a seminar titled "Why are black people so bad at computers?".
>>
>>53725577
probably shit like gendered pronouns and http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Problematic_tech_jargon
>>
wut
>>
>>53725533

I don't disagree 100 % with the idea that electronics often assumes a certain skin color.

https://youtu.be/t4DT3tQqgRM
>>
>>53725685
this shit is a satire, right?
tell me it's a satire
>>
my phone identifies as a UMPC, you can't tell him what he is or isn't!
>>
>>53725685
That wiki gave me cancer.
>>
>>53725533
i'm ready for SJWs to fuck right off. that's what i'm ready for.
>>
File: laughing rock.jpg (23 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
laughing rock.jpg
23 KB, 600x465
>>53725685
>"sanity check". Suggested replacements: "smoke test", "reality check".
>>
>>53725533
go and see it.
point this out >>53725655
>>
>>53725533
record it upload to jewtube then post it here
>>
>>53725533

We need to drain the free/borrowed money from higher education.

* No Federal grants.

* No Federally backed loans.

* Restore full bankruptcy protection to student borrowers.

* In the event a court discharges student loan debt in bankruptcy, allow the lender to sue the school for half of the value of the loan.

Burn it all down and start over with schools that charge low/fair pricing that a student can afford with part time work, and which only offer classes useful in a future career.
>>
File: ath_pro700mk2_1_sq.jpg (44 KB, 330x330) Image search: [Google]
ath_pro700mk2_1_sq.jpg
44 KB, 330x330
>>53725533
Did ya insert your dongle andd hardboot your foot up their ass OP? (^:
>>
>>53725685
>http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Problematic_tech_jargon
>"master" and "slave", sometimes used to refer to one machine that has the original copy of data and others that automatically update themselves to match its data. Invoking slavery as a metaphor for a non-violent technical process is racist.
>slavery is racist

first entry and I already lost
>>
>>53728309
>primary/replica, primary/standby,

although I must admit, their replacements are more obvious. I would actually be okay with renaming this, but not for the reasons they are.
>>
>>53725655
The framing would be more like
>why are black people so excluded from tech?
which is a reasonable question. how many black tech founders are there? how many of the companies valued >$1B?

Same question of women and people of other colors. These are reasonable questions to ask.

You faggots are acting like it's heretical to imply that there's anything at all wrong in tech. I'm not saying it's something about tech itself - what if it's just that tech is built on our own culture, which prefers white males for glamorous shit like high-paying jobs and whatnot?

Stop being so frantically hyper-defensive. Sometimes shit kind of does suck. Just cop to it.
>>
>>53728446
>black tech founders
the point of being a founder is that you start it. Nobody can stop someone from founding a tech company because they're black or a woman.

To me it seems less like exclusion and more like disinterest from women, and a crab bucket mentality from blacks.

as far as other races go, many of them are extremely successful in tech. Look no farther than the indians, the chinese, or the japanese for examples
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.