[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Desks and Furniture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
>essentially a desktop thread (get it?)
Have you ever wanted to design your own computer desk /g/?

Im in the process of doing so now, it doesnt seem that it would be too hard to build in real life.

The wood needed anyway wouldnt exceed 200$, and i have all the stuff needed to cut it and i can probably figure out joining curves and all that.
>>
>>53724304
>Have you ever wanted to design your own computer desk /g/?

Yes, but I have 0 time.

Is the image you posted your design ?
>>
>>53724452
>Yes, but I have 0 time.
using it all up on 4chan mate?

I'd love to have a custom desk like that but I really have no desk. I have a standing desk and I think it's kinda lame desu but I have rly tall speakers that need to fit under it so I can't revert it back to a sitting desk
>>
>>53724452
yeah, i just finished it up about an hour ago

i might do more with it but im happy with how it looks so far
>>
>>53724525
looks great

i feel like the corner shelves would need more support though, unless they'll be screwed into the wall in addition to the desk

also, what city skyline is that?
>>
File: PHOTO_20160314_232401.jpg (2 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
PHOTO_20160314_232401.jpg
2 MB, 5312x2988
>>53724304
sup its pretty easy when you have the right tools
>>
>>53724576
The intent is to have it all partially wall mounted, ive been on a bit of an integrated furniture kick recently. It wouldnt just be weighted on the floor, im pretty sure most of it would collapse in that scenario.
Thats Chicago, id get the pic but im on a different computer and ive already turned off my other one.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1459131227808.jpg (30 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1459131227808.jpg
30 KB, 720x960
>>53724639
around $400 for everything
>>
What the fuck just buy something from Ikea nerd.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (118 KB, 905x716) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
118 KB, 905x716
Built mine outta MDF.
It looks better in person.
>>
>>53724690
ikea furniture is trash
>>
>>53724690
What the fuck just buy a prebuilt gaming PC you nerd what are you some kind of robot
>>
>>53724690
ikea does not make something like this, i want it to be unique and i want it made of something other than particleboard
>>
>>53724763
this
The joy of using something you made is dank
>>
>>53724476
>>Yes, but I have 0 time.
>using it all up on 4chan mate?

You make a point there. A very good point.

>I'd love to have a custom desk like that but I really have no desk. I have a standing desk and I think it's kinda lame desu but I have rly tall speakers that need to fit under it so I can't revert it back to a sitting desk

An ajustable desk maybe ? Or you can just get a very high chair

>>53724525
>yeah, i just finished it up about an hour ago
>i might do more with it but im happy with how it looks so far

Nice. I really like it. It's clean and efficient

>>53724576
>i feel like the corner shelves would need more support though, unless they'll be screwed into the wall in addition to the desk

This.
>>
I designed and built most of my stuff at home. Much better to build a piece of furniture specific to your needs, rather than by something prebuilt and having to get it to "work" for you.

I'm a cabinet maker by trade. Not sure if that's a specific trade in America/Europe, or just a sub trade off carpentry.
>>
>>53724763
You should rethink this design what if you need a t rule?
>>
curses OP, you put "desktop thread" in your OP and it got filtered. That desk looks pretty cool. I kinda want to make one myself so that I can make it the exact height I want. No clue what I'm doing though
>>
Linnimon top
alex drawer x2
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.