[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't proxies change my flag in /pol?? I went through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled-1.jpg (131 KB, 778x447) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
131 KB, 778x447
Why don't proxies change my flag in /pol??

I went through dozens of working proxies and my browser still passes along my coa. I also disabled geolocation. Is this variable requested in js and not the client ip?

Can't figure this out.
>>
I said hi to my sister this morning.
>>
>>53724041
same.
>>
File: ugh.jpg (53 KB, 605x807) Image search: [Google]
ugh.jpg
53 KB, 605x807
>>53724041
Same here. I was also hoping she would have given me a surprise hug desu. She just walked past me though. ;_;

I man can dream though.
>>
File: nigeria2.jpg (179 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
nigeria2.jpg
179 KB, 604x453
seriously though. is it the js?
>>
>>53724015

the way flags are determined is by looking up the IPs in a database created by whois'ing the client IPs and looking at the assigned ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 codes. probably something wrong with your proxy config.
>>
File: b0gpost.jpg (159 KB, 812x415) Image search: [Google]
b0gpost.jpg
159 KB, 812x415
>>53724607
I think my proxies test good because the pages I test with likely only use $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] to collect that variable.

This is what makes me think the posting script here uses javascript to pull the client ip or at least a a javascript process for the whois.

Tried on windows with ff and linux with an old version of opera. Same result.
>>
>>53725565
Seems like the proxies are in the same country as you if they're working, assfuck
>>
>>53725565
Most services use javascript. That's how Google always knows where you are even in a proxy.
>>
File: wot.jpg (63 KB, 483x604) Image search: [Google]
wot.jpg
63 KB, 483x604
>>53725597
Yes, I used proxies from my own country to attempt hiding my country.
>>
You're probably using a transparent proxy silly
>>
>>53724493
Microsoft shilling spa, the picture.
>>
>All this effort so you can shitpost to make other countries look bad

It's like the most pathetic level of shitposting that is even possible
>>
>>53724015
The answer is biscuits
>>
File: b0g.jpg (2 MB, 623x3121) Image search: [Google]
b0g.jpg
2 MB, 623x3121
>>53725924
>a proxy
Dozens of proxies.

HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR would tell me in most cases if my proxy is transparent.

>>53725603
Confirmed. It's bundled in the captcha module here.
>>
>>53726115
>It's like the most epic level of shitposting that is even possible
>>
>>53726290
If you want to be 100% sure, look up anonymous proxy list. I could also guess that it's looking at your browser's language settings.
>>
>>53724015
I thought you could just falsify your flag by changing the post data when you post something
or has this changed?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.