[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Radeon on Linux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160327_194928r.jpg (191 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160327_194928r.jpg
191 KB, 1200x900
Life is suffering.
>>
>>53722889
what version of the kernel are you on?

ps AMD's stuff is really, really just fucking awful on linux. If you could still return that card / machine I suggest you do so asap
>>
>>53722889
>Having open source driver that actually works well
Suffering?
>>
>>53722932
>that actually works well
I have an AMD card in my computer and the open source driver does not work well
it literally doesn't work AT ALL

it gives me 'VCE init error (-22)' and then just uses the intel chip for everything
and if I switch to the proprietary driver, it runs SLOWER than the intel one, and my computer sounds like it's going to explode. Plus the screen tears no matter what and the option for vsync is inexplicably greyed out in catalyst
>>
what card? what kernel? what driver? do you care to fix it or are you just venting?

radeonsi runs great on my hd7850
>>
>>53722889
convert to superior fglrx, where the fan controls actually work
>>
File: a.png (47 KB, 838x510) Image search: [Google]
a.png
47 KB, 838x510
>>53723282
?
>>
Both my linux machines have AMD cards, one r9 390 with fglrx, and a laptop chipset with radeon. They both work really well. Which card are you using?
>>
>>53723243
I get the same result from my R9 380X until I install proper drivers.
>>
>>53723001
Switch to calculate linux and it will work just fine. Gosh. It's literally gentoo with sane defaults and an installer.
>>
Anyone else having trouble booting kernel 4.4.x with an R9 380 and amdgpu? It works flawlessly on the 4.3 branch
>>
>>53722921
It's actually great compared to nvidia if you're using free drivers. I can play 50 of my 100 steam games on this machine no problem. The amd sucks for linux meme isn't true anymore.
>>
in kernel 3.10? sure thing buddy
>>
>>53722921
Latest CentOS
>>
>>53724031
that's version 3 of the kernel right?
what's the output of
uname -r

?

how new is your card? If it's less than 3 years old you're going to really need to switch to a distro that uses version 4.x
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Mac Fag Academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret uploads on 4chan, and I have over 300 uploaded terabytes. I am trained in shitposting and I’m the top uploader in the entire US branch of the Mac Fag Academy. You are nothing to me but just another deleted kilobyte. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of uploaders across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking deleted, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can delete you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my iPhone. Not only am I extensively trained in tactical zero writes, but I have access to the entire PCIe SSD of the Mac Fag Academy and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable SATA connected HDD off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking deleted, kiddo.
>>
Yeah it sucks ass
I installed the non-free ati driver
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.