[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it possible to order pizza online without having to use nonfree
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: 1458856622364.png (258 KB, 1285x1698) Image search: [Google]
1458856622364.png
258 KB, 1285x1698
is it possible to order pizza online without having to use nonfree javascript
>>
No, the botnet wants you to starve.
>>
>>53722454
someone came up with a way to order pizza from the command line awhile ago

also dominos has a way to order via text message.
>>
is javascript inherently non-free or are certain parts of it non-free, or what?
>>
why don't you just call?
>>
Figure out the POST syntax by digging through the JS source and just post your order to them!
>>
>>53722571
>neo-/g/
>>
>>53722607

>anime pic
social anxiety duh
>>
>>53722646
I've seen this meme before I'm just autistic and want to know the truth. Also, I thought I heard Icecat only disables certain JS.
>>
>>53722676
I watch anime and have many friends who watch anime, and aren't autistic or socially retarded
>>
Pick up the phone, put in numbers, call
>>
>>53722706
The only animals watcher I know wants to fuck kids
>>
>>53722454
Mako is a cute
>>
File: 1437514111865.jpg (24 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
1437514111865.jpg
24 KB, 500x371
why not just use javascript
>>
>>53722571
It's non-free because of the tendency to obfuscate it which, according to Stallman, violates the ideal of it being "open." Now, you can take that two ways. Firstly, it seems kind of crazy, but on the other hand, obfuscation is lame.
>>
Do pizza parlors exist that have online stores that use free JavaScript? Probably not.

Can you order pizza online without using their JavaScript? Sure. Just make your own application that does what their JavaScript program is doing. No one's stopping you from reading their code and making your own program that copies its functionality.

But better yet, how about you stop being a useless piece of shit and either call them up or go to the pizza place in person and order food? I mean, surely you have a FLOSS phone application on your smartphone, right?
>>
>>53722751
That's because the only people you interact with are other kiddy fuckers.
>>
>>53722454
I have Javascript disabled by default and enable it on a per website-basis, but god fucking damn it, you snobby little cockshite.

"Muh free software". Piss off. Just get your pizza, you mongoloid wankstain.
>>
>>53722454
I'll just leave this here~
http://nonfree.pizza
>>
>>53722571

JavaScript always has source available, but just having source available does not make something free or open source. Software being free requires that the user be able to modify it however they please, study it as their leisure, redistribute to anyone, and distribute modified versions. JavaScript is usually minified to reduce bandwidth, which also removes the ability to study it, and most sites license under proprietary licenses that prohibit modification or redistribution.
>>
>>53722882
Those pizza ordering thingies are far more complicated than you think.
>>
>>53722965
KEK
>>
File: dominos_dominomobileapp_121126.jpg (41 KB, 303x391) Image search: [Google]
dominos_dominomobileapp_121126.jpg
41 KB, 303x391
>tfw you use the dominos app on your iphone to order pizza

just give in already you free-tards
>>
>>53723343
>dominos
disgusting
>>
Use your phone.
>>
>being so autistic that you can't order pizza online bc it uses javascript

just learn how to walk to the pizza restaraunt you sad fat fuck
>>
>too bad of social anxiety you can't call
>what a beta

i get you tho senpai
just use javascript tho you fuck
>>
>>53723343
>dominos
Surely you couldn't have found a better restaurant to order your pizza from?
>>
>>53722831
it's great if you want to write viruses though.
>>
>>53722831
Obfuscated code is hardly distinct from machine code. They both mean the same thing as the original source, and do the same stuff, but it's harder to discern how they work. Of course obfuscated code is non-free.
>>
Domino's App
>>
>>53723463
probably to use a stolen CC
>>
File: teh za.jpg (46 KB, 597x597) Image search: [Google]
teh za.jpg
46 KB, 597x597
>>53723504
It even has an Android Wear App

[pic related, just took this pic]
>>
>>53722454
Is it possible for you to be less autistic? Just call
>>
>>53722915
damn
>>
>>53723635
>Just call
Calling is literally the worst thing you can do. What we need is a phone app that lets you talk directly to a pizza consultant in the store over Skype or something
>>
File: shidbost.png (17 KB, 725x645) Image search: [Google]
shidbost.png
17 KB, 725x645
>>53722965
>>
>>53722676
>social anxiety duh

You still have to interact with the pizza driver.
>>
>>53722454
>not using a public phone to deliver an address of public domain
>>
>>53723714
just hand them money, grab the pizza, and awkwardly walk away, no talking involved
>>
Leave the money under a rock. Tell them to leave the pizza on your doorstep and then take the money and leave. Then go outside and grab the pizza when they leave.
>>
YES use another pc( one that you dont care about MUH freedoms) and see the post/get requests so you can order your pizza faggot.
>>
>>53722454
i deriver curries and this one guy has me put the order in the lift, which comes down with a tip in enverope ('tip for driver' smiley face)
>>
when till you can order pizza in game /v/
>>
>>53724778
>enverope
chinaman detected
>>
>>53722609
>>53724688
finally
>>
>>53722706
Absurd
>>
>[there exists people] who watch anime, and aren't autistic or socially retarded

You know when you're beyond saving when you associate with open pedophiles who watch literal children cartoons and think you and your friends are normal.

That being said, only niwaka like anime, ie you and your pedo friends 死んでくれ〜
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.