[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has /g/ ever thought of a bug out trailer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (275 KB, 1528x1192) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
275 KB, 1528x1192
Has /g/ ever thought of a bug out trailer?
>>
>>53721393
lol only knobheads have caravans m8
Their only purpose is to block up the A27
>>
>>53721431
tiny island inhabitant detected
>>
>>53721447
Nissan Duke slaphead detected
>>
>>53721431
you southern faggot
>>
File: 1459118621804.jpg (15 KB, 292x266) Image search: [Google]
1459118621804.jpg
15 KB, 292x266
damn right I have. For the /g/ version: The entire top would be a solar panel. Satellite dish for satellite internet and long range wifi. Laptop for low power. Solar still for making booze.
>>
File: kamper.jpg (556 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
kamper.jpg
556 KB, 1280x960
bitch i got one. 150w panel to keep the craptop charged and lights on
>>
I was thinking of living in one, but it costs as much to rent a spot for it as an apartment so decided against it.
>>
>>53721393
most of g aren't even old enough to drive, why bother making this thread?
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>53722232
That's cool.
Details please!
>I got a roof over my roof so I can be protected from the elements while I'm protected from the elements
>>
File: inside.jpg (493 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
inside.jpg
493 KB, 1280x960
>>53722403
it reached 45°C inside in the summer before I got the roof up. gonna put scrap board up on the sides this spring. can also get a lot of very heavy snow around here and that could possibly collapse the camper roof. some day i'll move the camper out and bam, instant shed.

the camper itself is a 13' fiberglass boler clone with a bunch of uhaul branding on it. back in the 80s they had a few thousand made to rent out, but i guess they figured it was too expensive to clean out all the shit puke and cum each time so they were liquidated by the early 90s.

got it on 200 acres of bush and rock that the extended family own, but don't really use anymore. has a small lake, a log cabin that the grandparents built in the 70s and a single open pasture where I put the camper

solar system is a single 150w panel, 100 amp hour sealed battery, 300w ac inverter, and a 20 amp charge controller. got a crazy deal on the controller otherwise i would've just gotten a 10. inverter charges laptop and power tools. lights and stereo run directly off 12v dc. cheap adjustable dc-dc converter for other stuff that want 1-12v
>>
>>53723090
Thanks. I guess I thought it was more of a bug out location stocked with food and purified water or something. You make it sound like it is just junk in the back yard.
>>
>>53722066
lol m8
U wish
North's not nearly as bad for caravan cunts
>>
File: 23233474.jpg (31 KB, 624x480) Image search: [Google]
23233474.jpg
31 KB, 624x480
>>53721393
>tfw sleeping in one of those whilst its raining
>>
File: f850.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
f850.gif
2 MB, 500x282
>>53723175
figured my corned beef collection would be boring to talk about and tried to keep on the tech

lake's got fish & is fed by a clean spring, got a rifle and know how to dress animals, a few "bird drop" apple trees around, plowed a half acre of the pasture and grew enoug garlic potatoes carrots (good crops to tend to if you only got weekends off) for the whole winter, got 3 months of propane, thinning a thick patch of sugar maple for syrup production 5-10 years from now
>>
>>53723175
Dude, 200 acres is a pretty big back yard.
>>
>>53723479
>>53723090

Love it dude, you're living my dream. don't do anything that can put it at risk, like getting in debt
>>
>>53723479
>>53723090
>>53722232

What you need to do next is buy a like 100TB array of hard drives and download every last fucking book you can get your hands on.
>>
>>53726670
nigga you could do that on 10tb with the right compression
english wikipedia is 15gb or so last time I checked with compression
>>
>>53726711
That's fair.

Movies and music should probably also be included, possibly games with offline modes as well.
>>
>>53726755
you only need factorio though, all other games have become irrelevant
>>
>>53721431
If your country were bigger you wouldn't have such a problem with them.
>>
>>53721393
Bug
Out
Trailer
N
E
T
>>
File: boat plan.gif (56 KB, 703x384) Image search: [Google]
boat plan.gif
56 KB, 703x384
>>53721393
Not quite what your asking OP but for a long time ive had this romantisized idea of living on a boat, but have recently begun to think very seriously about it, Im currently considering costs and how to design it, I want a new build as opposed to converting somebody elses, but imagine the pic with less berths and extra battery banks, a hybrid engine and multiple solar panels along the roofs. Im thinking within 3 years i could be waterside permanently.
>>
>>53726755
1tb is a fuckton of music, I've got 3000 or so torrents from what.cd and the files for those are only around 500gb
depending on the quality and amount, movies/tv could be anywhere between 2tb and 10tb
for games, if you want just roms, basically everything before the ps2/xbox era could be 2tb, another 2tb for ps2/wii iso's and pc games
15-20tb is a more conservative estimate for all the media you could ever use
>>
>>53726823
I've also thought about this, although I would like to convert a medium fishing trawler/cargo ship for the capability of a hold big enough for a car and a crane for it
>>
>>53726869
Personally im thinking only of the inland waterways here in the UK, I think id feel a little too isolated out at sea and if anything went wrong id probably shit the bed.
Ive been watching a lot of this guy on yt https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK7_weHILfo and hes really sold me on the idea, the lifestyle seems very sedate and tranquill. Hes a huge dork though and possibly one of the nicest young people on the planet. He also dosnt appear to be even nearly interested enough in gadgetry.
>>
>>53721393
Maybe if you're out in the desert, or in some big sprawl where the only real option for egress is via a freeway.
>>
>>53726711
Good point. I wonder what kind of compress would be good for archival. ZPAQ, pcompress, or something common like LZMA?
>>
>>53726823
>>53726869
I've been thinking of getting a large barge with a radio antenna tower on it.
>>
>>53721393
> he envies the dead

stay depressed in a post WWIII world, OP
>>
>>53727053
>I've been thinking of getting a large barge
cool
>with a radio antenna tower on it.
for what purpose
>>
>>53726824
>fuckin world has ended
>he wants to conserve and not hoard tech in advance

this whole thread is dedicated to paranoid over preparation.
>>
>>53727267
I'm sure OP had that intention, but I don't
but being prepared for shit hitting various fans is a good practice, if a little crazy
>>
>>53723479
This isn't helping. More evidence of you just not being into the prepper thing. For example a diesel tractor is not a good prepper item.
>>
>>53727267
>>53726824
we can hoard but we can also do it smartly. Big question- how am I going to get all of it?

For games there are collections. The consoles are EOL so there aren't any new games, so there are torrents of "NDS ROM collection" with literally every NDS. Probably the same for other consoles.

Music, books, movies. They're all continuously being produced. How do I get all of that without gigs of duplicates? Maybe somebody makes yearly collections, i.e. "all music released in 2010" ?
>>
>>53727437
Hey everyone check out Professor Preplord over here giving some guy the business because he shamefully plowed a field with a tractor instead of drawn horses or whatever!
>>
>>53727535
It's not exactly like you'll kill yourself if you don't get everything, also some shit is super obvious, like JSTOR, and other peer reviewed journal sources, educational things.

There are regular releases of books, magazines and other shit in digital print, especially this day and age. It might mean you have to actually pay for an active subscription some where, but that's part of the job of being a prepper.

>>53727573
Doomsday conspiracy theorists invest thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into this shit, it's their entire lives and they get really pissy when you besmirch it.
>>
File: 33zvfW1[1].png (469 KB, 1057x796) Image search: [Google]
33zvfW1[1].png
469 KB, 1057x796
>>53726670

> Nukes go off
> You make it to your shelter
> Your raid array has a catastrophic physical failure
> All data is gone
> yfw
>>
>>53727635
>raid array has a catastrophic physical failure
>bust out the LTO tape backups
>>
>>53727635
Damn it why did I lose to that.

Wonder how many people get the reference
>>
>>53727635
>RAID
>having any kind of longevity
>>
>>53727611
>get really pissy when you besmirch it
Yeah, I mean there really is a lot of knowledge that you have to go through. To see some dude who got land from his family and putting up a trailer thinking it was a bug out location is laughable. I knew something was wrong when they said 150w "panel".
>>
File: garden.jpg (120 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
garden.jpg
120 KB, 500x375
>>53727811
>>53727611

i don't recall saying anything about being king prepper supreme, guys. i like the outdoors, hunting, gardening, fucking around with solar power, banging on the old gas tractor i got for next to nothing, jerking off in my camper, etc. on the weekends. if the world actually ends, i'll be just as dead as any pencilneck ruby developer eating his own feces trapped in a powerless elevator. but, if i gotta get out of town and lay low a few weeks for whatever reason, i got a place to go with lights and heat and a shit-ton of mac & cheese
>>
>>53728082
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=246&v=AWxD2NL7F54
>>
>>53728194
what am I watching?
>>
File: serveimage(3).jpg (175 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
serveimage(3).jpg
175 KB, 1600x900
>>53722403
Yo dawg. I heard you like roofs...
>>
No.

I actually lived in a (static) caravan- through necessity, not choice- for FIVE FUCKING YEARS. Which is four years, 11 months, and 29 days longer than anyone should have to live in a fucking caravan. (Some of the inhabitants of the park had been there for decades, and without wanting to generalise too much, they were exactly the kind of people you'd expect to be living in a trailer park.)

It was hell, basically. Even now I have to hide it whenever I'm asked for my previous address- I write it as "xxx Park" instead of "xxx Caravan Park".

I tell you this to give you some context when I tell you that I'll never again consider any kind of "alternative" accommodation. I've had enough of that to last several lifetimes. Bricks and mortar all the way for me.
>>
Why not a bunker? I think that would be better.
It is possible to convert a trailer into one.

>>53731552
Why was it so bad? Better than on the streets right?
>>
>>53731690
>Why was it so bad?
Where to start?
>Freezing in winter
>Scalding in summer
>No privacy (I wasn't living alone)
>No space (obviously)
>No comfort (you're stuck with the stone hard wooden benches built into the structure and can only layer them with cushions for a semblance of softness)
>No sense of security or permanence at all (You could've bashed the door open in 20 seconds flat if you had half a mind to)
>Most housing laws don't apply to "mobile" homes, very few rights
And this one would be a bit different if it were on your own land, but the park was awful. My landlord was literally a gypsy (irish traveller). If I'd dared to complain about the shitty conditions or vastly overpriced utilities, I'd probably have been evicted sharpish. From what I gather from the internet, this is typical of these places.

If you have any particular questions, fire away. I could rant about it for a long time if anyone actually cares.

>Better than on the streets right?
Well sure! But that's not exactly a high bar to meet.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.