[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$1500 boosted boards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 61VnVmuawPL._SL1500_.jpg (54 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
61VnVmuawPL._SL1500_.jpg
54 KB, 1500x1000
Why do these tech boards cost a fortune? I would kill of one of these sweet rides. It's lighter than a bike and requires minimal muscle.
>>
Build your own, it's cheaper, more fun.
>>
>2016
>riding a skateboard
why not just wear a sign saying you're an autistic NEET manchild desu?
>>
>boosted
I assume you mean it has an electric motor.
>cost a fortune
because stupid people pay as much as you tell them to, and a disproportionately large number of skaters are stupid.

>>>/diy/ has made quite a few electric skateboards, scooters, and whatnot.

There's a number of complications here though: The batteries never last all that long, and you need to be careful as to what kind you're using. LiFePo is used in Chinese ``hoverboards" and cause fires all the time.
If you want to be cool you should also rig it so you can backfeed the batteries by skating normally.
>>
>>53720450
small high power motors
small form factor all around
look at those tiny axles
+150% hip factor
and somehow they last quite a while

that's why
>>
>>53720626
I'm pretty sure the entire thing costs $10 in parts to make. Bamboo wood is the only material that will be hard to find.
>>
>>53720718
Let us known when you source and create it! I'll buy it for $50!
>>
>>53720718
yeah it's not like any money went into the design and manufacturing and marketing of these boards; that stuff is usually free. If you want a different one you can easily buy one from one of their competitors
>>
>>53720718
a single motor alone cost more than that, if you want it to last more than a few meters
>>
>>53720450
Just get an e-bike
>>
>>53720487
They are really useful and less autistic than those wheeled hoverboards
>>
For $1500 you can get a 250cc motorcycle that take you further than 1 mile every 8 hours.
>>
>>53720487
>autistic NEET manchild
you know I would been on your side if you said "hipster" instead. this just shows how out of touch /g/tards are.
>>
>>53720450
just get a tesla you faggot
>>
>>53720450
holy fuck push with your feet you lazy fuck, or dont ride a skateboard
>>
Looks retarded as fuck just buy a car
>>
>>53720487
The skateboarders in my town hang out at our local park and all of them have graduated high school and aren't in college
>>
>>53720562

Boosted is a brand of electric skateboard.
>>
>>53720450
You could buy an electric bike for that much

http://www.radpowerbikes.com/collections/ebikes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.