[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Campus hotspot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I need your help /g/. So they finally installed hotspots in campus and they're using captive portals. They give each student a half an hour a day and you can buy an hour for less than a dollar. My question is how can I reconnect after the initial free half an hour has ended without buying the access?
>>
>>53717752
What kind of bullshit place did you enroll where internet isn't included with tuition? Some community college?
>>
>>53717814
It's in Iraq so take a guess..
>>
>>53717826
Ah, a jewco. Got it.
>>
>>53717752
Do you need to login for free half hour?
>>
>>53718169
When you connect to the Wifi network, it opens the Internet browser and it loads a page that has two buttons one says "Login" which requires a username and password for the one hour subscription etc and the other button says "Free 30 mins" and if you click on the free 30 mins button then you get instant Internet access for half an hour and when a 30 mins pass then the free 30 mins button disappears and will only appear tomorrow around the same time.
>>
You can change your MAC address every 30 minutes to use it for free. Depending on your OS it's really easy to do.
>>
>>53718257
I'm on Android. How do I do that?
>>
>>53718295
no idea.
On windows you can use network settings.
On linux you can use macchanger.
there are probably android apps for it but you might need root, look up android mac changer anon
>>
>>53718331
Will do. Thanks based Anon
>>
>>53717752
Ayy, I'm in a similar situation. Here's what I do. I change my mac address every hour. You can do it with Windows and Linux relatively easy:

If you run Linux:
Install macchanger.

Copy-paste this shell script, name it "mac" or something:
ip link set wlo1 down
macchanger wlo1 -r
ip link set wlo1 up
iw dev wlo1 connect xfinitywifi

Obviously replace wlo1 with the name of your wifi card, and xfinity with the bssid of your school's hotspot. Then just "sudo mac" (or whatever you named the file: "sudo file", for example). Will change your mac address so they think you're a different person. Easier than the Windows method, once you have it set up.

If you run Windows:
Install tmac.
Use tmac to randomize your mac address.
Connect to the hotspot.

In my opinion the Linux method is much easier, because you just type "sudo mac" and it's done. Versus the Windows method, which gets tedious having to open and close the program every hour and wait for it to change your mac address, and then manually reconnect.
>>
>>53718360
Anon, what about Android method?
>>
>>53718390
Not sure if this is the correct one, but you're looking for something basically like this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.boris.macchanger&hl=en
>>
You should be able to use something like Iodine to tunnel your traffic through DNS requests. It involves running a server at home or in a VPS but then you can use a laptop (Or AndIodine on android - It's on F-Droid) to connect to your server which then goes onto the open internet.

To do this approach you need to have a server at home or a VPS, and if it works you CANNOT TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU DID IT. If you tell others, word will get around, the IT dept. or the manufacturer of the APs will start blocking external DNS requests before authentication then you're fucked.
>>
>>53718390
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=android+mac+changer&t=h
>>
What a shit college. The one I work at has hotspots everywhere and allow anyone to connect and get unlimited 20/10 speeds. Fuck, they even have cell repeaters so you don't lose phone service in basements and centers of large buildings.
>>
>>53718440
Yeah, this. I thought it was standard practice for most colleges to have free unlimited wifi for all students. Guess not.
>>
Use some mac changer for android
>>
>>53718411
I'll give this a try. Thanks Anon!
>>53718416
Thanks anon but I don't have a VPS or a home server.
>>53718422
Will look into that. Thank you
>>53718440
You can't imagine how shit the connection is. It takes so much to load a gif.
>>53718467
Which app do you recommend?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.