[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The moment I realized that my C++ and systems knowledge earns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: justangry.jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
justangry.jpg
63 KB, 633x758
The moment I realized that my C++ and systems knowledge earns me less than webdev knowledge, I lost my interest to CS. Not only that, to able to get quality C++ jobs, you need to get past of a lot of shit like Cracking the Coding Interview etc. because "muh smart puzzle questions". Meanwhile webdevs just write javascript and such toy languages REMOTELY and earn lots of money.

I just lost my interest to CS.
>>
Good riddance, retard. Women's Studies might be a better major for you.
>>
>Web Development is just front end
>only in it for the money
End your life
>>
suck it nerd
>>
>>53717114
oh tell me about that advanced web back end please.
>>
>>53717182
Nah not gonna do it
>>
File: w3.png (280 KB, 690x700) Image search: [Google]
w3.png
280 KB, 690x700
>>53717224
>>
>>53717088
Dont expect to win $3000 a week by making shitty console programs. You need to know people. To talk. To socialize. You think this is easy? You think that by not saying a word and being all like "luk, here my code. Money now plox" will get you somewhere?
>>
>>53717088
Why did you get into programming in the first place?
An indian or romanian guy can do your same job for 1/10 the price. There's no competition.
>>
>>53717604
This, this is why guys with 0 social skills complain about the "CS meme" degree. You have to make your degree work for you.
>>
>I just lost my interest to CS
>to
>can't program
How to spot a Pajeet in 2 easy steps.
>>
You weren't in actual CS to begin with if your comparing yourself to webdev anon
>>
>>53718105
But I need to make a living anon, is academia the only way?
>>
>>53718155
There is another way.. Do you happen to own any kneepads?
>>
>>53718308
N-no why?
>>
>>53718372
Get some nice cushioning kneepads, you're gonna but in your knees a lot ;)
>>
>>53717088

> toy languages

Yeah, if bet you know Rails inside out, configure Tomcat Servers on a daily basis and Spring MVC is just your first name.

Or could it be you are talking out of your ass here..?
>>
>>53717088
If you were in it only for the money you deserved what you got.
>>
>>53718372
For saying your prayers of course
>>
This is because of an increasingly service-based economy vs an innovation-based economy (which has been LONG abandoned). I too think HTML/CSS/JS writers are grossly overpaid. Working more intellectual jobs is completely useless and can cost you more money than just learning the previously mentioned languages in 2 weeks. It's kind of fucked up actually, when you take a job like public school teaching that requires a 4 year degree and extra schooling to certify, just to cap out at like 50 or 60k over a lifetime. Working hard just isn't worth it anymore - go for web dev.
>>
File: bark.jpg (69 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
bark.jpg
69 KB, 569x802
>mfw webdevs got buttmad on the thread
>>
File: oh_shit_flash.jpg (491 KB, 3504x2366) Image search: [Google]
oh_shit_flash.jpg
491 KB, 3504x2366
>>53717088
You are partially right, but not webdev, but C#.

Big companies need software and they are paying alot.

Guy with 10 years of c# commercial experience will make much more than guy working for embedeed c++.

If you want big money, fast cars and jucies 100% pure nectar you have to get job as quant on legacy in bank.

math + algo + c++
>>
>>53718532
Even PHP is much harder to learn than Rails, the point of Rails is to make everything so easy that a retard could do it
>>
>>53720840

The Syntax is easy, but you really need to know what happens at every point. The "convention over configuration" makes developping really fast and maintaining code easy, but only after a lot of initial work to get the whole concept..

PHP is pretty much "trial and error programming", they even got multiple functions which do the same thing..
Write code once and never touch it again if you know what's good for you (of course not if we are talking about frameworks, but for pure PHP).
>>
>>53720695
every time I see this photo it just makes me so cringe for whoever took it
>>
BLAME GOOGLE BOTNET CHROME
>>
>C++

You had it coming
>>
>>53717088
Did you understand that CS to be a course in programming? If so, you're thoroughly confused about CS.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.