[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>stand up while playing >move around all over the place
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2882181-oculus-touch-2.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2882181-oculus-touch-2.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>stand up while playing
>move around all over the place while waving your arms
>heavy headset on face
>motion controller in each hand
I-I just don't think I even want this. My uncle made me try his gear VR and oculus and it was just too busy and uncomfortable. Will it be dead like the Wii in 4 years?
>>
>>53714985
>Will it be dead like the Wii in 4 years?
Try DOA.
>>
There is no point with a HMD before it's really light and we have a 4k monitor on each eye. The screen door effect on both vive and oculus is still disgusting, not to mention the low res.
>>
>>53714985
>my uncle made my try his
You sure it was the controller you were holding and not something else
>>
>>53714985
You have a cool uncle.
>>
>>53714985
Yeah... I don't think I'll really use it either. I live in a third world country, so I doubt it will even catch on here.
>>
too demanding on hardware, too shit hardware itself and then there's that retarded locomotion shit which ruins it
>>
>>53714985
Your uncle was pleasuring himself to you while you were playing with the VR headset
>>
>>53714985
He looks like he's finger-popping and pinching a nipple, all that while looking like a fucking retard.

The future is shit!
>>
My pony waifu awaits
>>
>>53714985
>Will it be dead like the Wii in 4 years?
Not even close. Literally the direct opposite result.

VR will become a trillion dollar industry very soon. It is probably bigger than wii by now. The wii was a retarded gimmick, you can put the oculus rift on an play for hours in a different world.

It is almost offensive to compare the wii to virtual reality.
>>
>>53715205
nice man tits, Cuckerberg
>>
>>53717516
uuuh, faggot
>>
Why do people on the technology board pretend like virtual reality isn't going to become a gigantic industry?
>>
oculus is and vive are for virtual reality what n64 and playstation was for video games
>>
>>53717597
they reject everything till it actually happens,which it will once prices drop and they get lighter and most of all have good applications making everyone want to try it. Wouldn't mind having VR in the arcades to at least get people interested like they did with vidoegames back in the day.
>>
>>53717597

First generation VR is so completely overhyped but instead of being reasonable you are either on the hype train or a complete contrarian. Voices of reason have no place on the internet.
>>
>>53718249
gear vr is already very affordable
>>
>>53717479
Have you even tried it?

You cannot play in a different world. Your movement is severely limited (to the confines of your room) and if you move differently in the virtual world than in the real one, it's going to be confusing and suck.

VR is just a gimmick. AR will get a huge breakthrough one day, but the technology is not there yet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.