[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I remove this grey "overlay" from the ubuntu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
How do I remove this grey "overlay" from the ubuntu desktop? This is not easily googled.
>>
>>53712526
What grey overlay?
>>
>>53712540
See how the desktop is a different colour to the completely transparent taskbar? It seems all wallpapers are darker than what they look when opened in an image editor.
>>
>>53712526
Do you mean the top panel?
>>
>>53712564
Do you mean the bar on the bottom? It's not fully transparent, you need something called unity-tweak-tool or whatever it's called, maybe someone that uses Ubuntu can help you more.
>>
>>53712567
no the bottom bar where my programs are
>>
>>53712590
I realise that its not fully transparent, but it lets the true colours of the wallpaper show through better than the actual desktop. I used this pic because it helps demonstrate this better,
>>
What theme and icons are you using?
I want to set up some Material Design shit on my new 16.04 beta install
>>
>>53712611
That's numix.
>>
>>53712611
Numix Icons, and arc-dark theme. With top status bar set to complete transparency
>>
>>53712526
That by design. It cannot be removed.
>>
You can't OP. It's the taskbar which is a different color.
>>
The taskbar isn't totally transparent, you idiot.
>>
I see what you did there, pretty witty.
>>
>>53712526
hey op, i think its your task bar that is the different color, not whats above it
>>
>>53713004
>opensore software
>can't change shit
Loonix fags will defend this
>>
>>53713426
>Loonix
>not ubuntu
idiot
>>
>>53713463
Ubuntu is pretty much the largest Loonix by market share. Normalfags say Ubuntu when they mean Loonix
>>
idiot look up the Unity Tweak tool. it let's you do whatever you want to your DE, including change the launcher to whatever color you fancy.
>>
>>53713488
>Ubuntu is pretty much the largest Loonix by market share.
It most definitively isn't. Not even on this board.
>>
>>53713426
You can, though. You just have to edit the code.
>>
File: AxtzziK.gif (4 MB, 532x529) Image search: [Google]
AxtzziK.gif
4 MB, 532x529
>>53712602
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.