[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Plex a honeypot? I'm trying to cut the cord but still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: plex-fet.jpg (44 KB, 597x375) Image search: [Google]
plex-fet.jpg
44 KB, 597x375
Is Plex a honeypot?

I'm trying to cut the cord but still am contending with my girlfriend's desire for vain mainstream media (E! news, etc). Plex seems to be about hoarding data and having a paper trail whereas something like Kodi seems to be more about finding random streams online. Seems less accessible by a normie.

Thoughts, /g/?
>>
>>53709188
>Is Plex a honeypot?
yes
>>
>>53709250
...so?

Are you really saying plex would throw away all customers so that it can report them to the fed?
>>
>>53709297

Yeah? Why wouldn't they? If you have an egregious amount of pirated media why wouldn't they share that information? It'd be stupidly easy to connect the dots for you to be sent to pound me in the ass prison.
>>
na pham u good
>>
>>53709321
Yeah that would be some dumb shit for their reputation, like I said this would cause anyone with a connection to internet discussion to clear out files.
>>
>>53709188

Want Plex style, but FOSS? Emby.
>>
You're fine watching anime on it
>>
>>53709380

I just don't want something calling home with a list of the TV I pirate.
>>
>>53709188
kodi has nothing to do with streaming, when did this become common knowledge?
>>
>>53709424
Are you retarded?
>>
>>53709443
are you?
>>
I use plex to host all 10+ tb of content I've pirated for over a year with no issue
>>
>>53709188

Emby is the FOSS equivalent of Plex.
>>
>>53709671

So it doesn't call home back to the devs?
>>
>>53709710

Not if you don't use their account system.
>>
Kodi
>>
>girlfriend's
>my
jej
>>
I love when paranoid freetards thinks anyone cares what chinese cartoons they frequent.
>>
just get rid of both and save yourself time, money, and stress

then find a girl that doesn't give a shit about mass media in any shape
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.