[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if I have a dvd iso file is that literally a 1:1 exact copy of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: dvd-28066-640.png (189 KB, 627x640) Image search: [Google]
dvd-28066-640.png
189 KB, 627x640
if I have a dvd iso file is that literally a 1:1 exact copy of what the original disc's video would have been like? Its just north of 4gb.
>>
was there meant to be a question there?
>>
>>53709126
>>53709480
yeah what the fuck are you talking about, OP?
>>
>>53709126
Nah, there's an extra gig or so of metadata that's added.

If you're using the resulting rip on a HDMI system you can save some space by deleting the AUDIO_TS out of the rip. With HDMI the audio is carried by the video stream, the audio folder is a duplication of data in this circumstance.
>>
>>53709126
Yes it's an exact copy
It's a disc image

And to you other degenerates in this thread learn to fucking read
>>
>>53709480
ah, read "is that" as "that is"

most iso dumps of dvd video discs are decrypted, but otherwise still the same (just not technically the same as what was on the disc)
some are transcoded to be smaller than the original disc, so that they can be burned onto cheaper 4.7GB discs (most, but not all dvd movies are on dual layer dvd's, up to 8.5GB)
>>
>>53709517
>most dvd movies are on dual layer dvd's, up to 8.5GB

They aren't though
>>
>>53709513
>And to you other degenerates in this thread learn to fucking read
"if i have a thing..." more often continues with "that is" rather than "is that"
he should have used a comma or reworded the part before "is that"
>>
>>53709537
or maybe open your fucking eyes, idiot
>>
>>53709536
they are, i used to copy dvd's all the time, literally hundreds of them
i had maybe 2 that were single layer to begin with
>>
File: hurrdurr.gif (267 KB, 210x200) Image search: [Google]
hurrdurr.gif
267 KB, 210x200
>>53709513
> fluent in retard
> implying that answer isn't complete horseshit
>>
>>53709511
regardless of any filler added, the actual video is still the same as whats on the original disc though
>>
>>53709560
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to contribute for this thread.
>>
File: yourtears81022.jpg (60 KB, 470x685) Image search: [Google]
yourtears81022.jpg
60 KB, 470x685
>>53709576
Sorry, I thought pointing out how ridiculous your post was a decent enough contribution. Stay mad about being called out though. It's a good look.
>>
>>53709576
"it's a disc image" doesn't automatically mean "it's an exact copy"

it's quite common to further compress dvd's to make them small enough to fit onto a single layer disc
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.