[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WiFi hotspot(?)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: pls help.png (27 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
pls help.png
27 KB, 819x460
Hey guys! I tried doing some stuff on cmd, but I didn't get it to work so I thought I'd ask for some guidance here, even though the rules say not to (badass). So in the drawing with incorrect dimensions, I tried showing you where I want my WiFi to reach. So the thing is that in the blue circle, that's where my neighbours WiFi reaches (he let me use it), and there the signal stops. And what I want is for it to reach all the way to my bedroom, in the green circle. So I thought that maybe I could use my PC that's connected to the WiFi as sort of a router(?) to make the signal go further, making it reach the green circle, my bedroom. I tried out the tips about writing this "NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase" (changing out the ssid and password ofc), and it works, I can connect my PC in the bedroom to the PC in the blue circle, but it won't get any internet connection. In the post below I will post a picture showing what comes up. I was wondering if anyone here has got any pointers to what I am doing wrong? I appreciate all help, and I'm a total noob in computer-related things, so please talk English. Thanks!

PS. Yes, I do have 2 PCs, one in the blue circle and one in the green.
>>
File: pls help2.png (28 KB, 750x332) Image search: [Google]
pls help2.png
28 KB, 750x332
and this is what shows up. now on my PC in the bedroom, I can connect to this PC's WiFi connection, but it says that there's no internet connection. The signal is strong and everything, but what am I doing wrong?....
>>
If anyone is able to help me, I will pay you $10 through PayPal if you provide your email when helping me...I am really desperate
>>
Yeah. Install Gentoo and see what that does
>>
>>53707143
try setting your bedroom pc to a static ip of 192.168.137.x
>>
hey guys thanks for responding, but i managed to figure it out, i downloaded something called virtual router management
>>
>>53707143
Get a really long ethernet cable.
>>
>>53707616
sent ;)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.