[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've done the neckbeard thing for a while now: never had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
I've done the neckbeard thing for a while now: never had a smartphone, no Facebook, etc. I do have a Google account but it's restricted to the max and all features like Google Now and shit are disabled.

But fuck /g/uys, it's painful. It's an obstacle in my social life, my career, general productivity...
At what point should you just give up and bend over?
>>
when you have a social life, career and things to do
>>
if i actually had any friends i would have a facebook sure
>>
>>53704831
social life, career, hobbies < integrity
>>
>>53704866
then you suffer until those are more important
>>
>>53704997
>he doesn't brutally suffer every waking minute of his life
Get out, normie
>>
File: you_are_gay.png (1 MB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
you_are_gay.png
1 MB, 1024x769
OP admit you're gay
>>
>are disabled
this never happened
>>
>>53704783
How is it an obstacle to your general productivity?
>>
>>53706891
You need to ask? Really?
Google now is smooth as hell, son. Letting Google store all your history and shit makes it so user-friendly. All them apps too.
Can't believe you're even asking this.
>>
File: 1457203223810.jpg (83 KB, 364x380) Image search: [Google]
1457203223810.jpg
83 KB, 364x380
Honestly you should just limit yourself to snapchat.

You don't have to share much personal information. You can still share interesting things and view.
This is also a great way for friends to easily contact you.

All other social media is not needed.
Seriously name one thing snapchat can't do for you socially. It also maintains a level of privacy.
>>
>>53705130
Why can't she use the back camera and the timer
>>
>>53707149
because she's a woman.
>>
so then make a real account and only use it when you need it and dont mind the botnet? I dont see the problem here
>>
>>53705110
Enjoy your crippling loneliness.
>>
File: Maki_S2Ep08_at_Nozomi.gif (217 KB, 241x281) Image search: [Google]
Maki_S2Ep08_at_Nozomi.gif
217 KB, 241x281
>>53704783
replace all that nasty stuff with maki
>>
>>53707245
I'm not, that's my point.
>>
Can I get a web Dev job without a facebook?
>>
>>53707264
Imaginary waifus are so much better than real ones because they can never let you down.
[spoiler]Usually.[/spoiler]
>>
>>53707280
you gringos make me sad.
>>
>>53707278
how do you talk to your friends when they aren't around you?
>>
>>53707373
>friends
>implying
>>
>>53707373
I use Telegram.
>>
>>53707149
>current year
>asking this question
>>
>>53707720
You should be using Signal
>e2e encryption
>open source
>not written by retards
>>
you won't be successful or get laid by using technology

that's just what they want you to think so you spend $80 a month on a smartphone $70 on internet access, and hundreds on DSLR cameras for selfies. let's not forget the mac you'll need for 'media editing' your selfies and posting on your $2000 facebook machine's namesake site
>>
>>53704783
If the only way to have friends and meet new people now days is through a corporate medium then there is no one left worth meeting.
>>
>>53707761
does it have a desktop/browser client?
>>
>>53707968
Yes, if you have an android phone.

iPhone linkage is in the works
>>
I never liked smartphones, but I've become accustomed to texting thanks to my brother who never picks up his phone. It also comes in handy at work. Facebook is also one of those things that comes in handy when a distant family member gets cancer or some shit. You can turn off automatic response emails, and politely hide posters who post every time they have a thought. If you are a NEET shut in, there is no reason for either of these and you wont miss them one bit.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.