[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody on here build a Farnsworth Fusor? Thinking of building
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: farnsworth_reactor.jpg (17 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
farnsworth_reactor.jpg
17 KB, 620x465
Anybody on here build a Farnsworth Fusor?

Thinking of building one for fun

thoughts?
>>
My brother died that way.
>>
>>53699942
then he is not very smart considering unless you fuck up big time you are safe
>>
>>53700017
>being new
>>
>>53699900
My only real thought is that your full house impresses.

Oh, and that building a high-output neutron source in your bedroom probably isn't smart.
>>
>>53700646
I would build in in the woods near my house, but I was just wondering if anybody else has done this b/c the radiation that it emits is not that dangerous
>>
enjoy your cancer and 0 fusion yields

seriously, there's a reason they have billions of dollars worth of supercomputers designing nuclear weapons: it's because you can't critical mass a tiny amount of hydrogen into fusing anything. you have to calculate how you will do this first, and then build the thing.
>>
>>53701007
It's a portable thermal neutron source that you can turn on/off with the flick of a switch. What's not to like?
>>
>>53701544
mostly the effort to come up with an elaborate plasma-ball toy you can't use without getting cancer.
>>
>>53701609
but anon i already have cancer

what do i have to loose
>>
>>53701974
supercancer
>>
>>53699900
I was interested in this, followed this blog https://prometheusfusionperfection.com/

I have done some experiements with HV, but now thats in the past. HV is dangerous, fusors are double dangerous due to electron rays etc. No reason no hurt myself.

Still I find this very interesting.
>>
File: POPS.gif (26 KB, 239x267) Image search: [Google]
POPS.gif
26 KB, 239x267
>>53699900
enjoy your neutrons

>>53701007
>>53701609
>>critical mass for fusion
you're an idiot and a faggot
>>you have to calculate how you will do this first, and then build the thing.
But I totally agree with you on this, do some proper engineering before you go out on and buy a bunch of expensive high voltage and vacuum equipment OP.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.