[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USA > EU
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: fdsfasd.png (847 KB, 2601x1509) Image search: [Google]
fdsfasd.png
847 KB, 2601x1509
Holy crap why is Yurotrash internet so bad?

The entire continental US along with Alaska and Hawaii BTFO most EU countries on average which have much smaller land mass and populations.

Now when you measure up US states with similar populations/land mass, EU gets BTFO yet again :^)
>>
US internet speeds have been improving rapidly of late.
They've nearly tripled in the last couple years alone.
>>
>>53699272

B-But retards like Logan and Wendell claim we're all stuck on 2mbit DSL. Those bad ISP's never upgrade their infrastructure :^)
>>
>>53699363
ISPs rarely do upgrade their infrastructure. Most of the average improvement we're seeing lately comes from Google Fiber and Google's campaign to convince cities to set up their own local ISPs.
>>
File: lrg_broadband_q42015.png (91 KB, 530x394) Image search: [Google]
lrg_broadband_q42015.png
91 KB, 530x394
>>53699456

Google Fiber? That ISP with only 120,000 subscribers, which is only .001% of all broadband subscribers? Kek.
>>
>>53699543
You can still greatly impact the national average speeds with a small subscriber base when your subscribers have hundreds of times higher speeds than the average.
>>
>>53699456
USfag here.

Both ISPs i've had in the past 5 years did major upgrades in the past 2 or so years. My current one doubled all speeds for free. Went from 50 to 110 down with no price increase.
>>
>>53699639
Same. My ISP upgraded me for free from 35mbps to 100mbps a month after Google Fiber announced extension into my area.
>>
File: as.png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
as.png
31 KB, 300x135
>>53699691

No Google here and my ISP upgraded me from 30mbit to 200mbit for free.

TWC upgraded pretty much all of Dallas county and there's pretty much no competition here.
>>
>>53699222
>Holy crap why is Yurotrash internet so bad?

The reasons are individual to countries.

In France, the limited historic development of cable television made DSL the standard mean for Internet access, and there was not massive shortening of way from DSLAM to copper lines contrary to UK or Belgium. Large FTTH deployment has only debug in the last years, mostly on large cities and was not embraced by all operators exploiting the copper network.
>>
>>53699222
call me when your ameritrash isp doubles your speeds every year on christmas free of charge
>>
kek German internet is trash tier

You can literally only choose between two monopoly companies, one for cable, one for DSL. And that is if you're lucky, because the majority can only get DSL and not cable.
Fiber is virtually non existent outside of very small areas or universities.
>>
>>53699222
>tfw the nordicks win again
>>
Estonia is shit tier aswell.
3 bigger companies
1 uses only older copper lines
1 uses copper and fiber
1 uses fiber

Higher speeds are only in bigger cities. 5 km out of the capital city max speed I can get is 21/5
There is a FTTH project going on, but it has failed as the big companies hijacked it and used it to build fiber to their cell towers (huge kek at my country)
Most people use shitty 4G/LTE dongles for internet.

When live in right places you an get nice speeds for low cost (Lithuanian prices and speeds are better)
Outer link speeds are also shit
>>
>>53699222
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>53699222
Did you really not know Europe is literally third world-tier?
>>
Wrong board faggot
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.