[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used a hair dryer to blow some dust of my PC and now the monitor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 20160326_124126.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160326_124126.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1536
I used a hair dryer to blow some dust of my PC and now the monitor seems to not recognize the computer anymore, it's a old 2006 PC that i mainly use to work,
I tried to swap monitors, cables and even tried to connect with the onboard gpu istead of the offboard one
Help me /g/ im to poor to afford a new computer.
>>
>>53696129
Seems like the dust was the element that conducted information across hardware.
>>
you fried it with the hairdryer
>>
File: 1458322844589.jpg (75 KB, 355x458) Image search: [Google]
1458322844589.jpg
75 KB, 355x458
>>
>>53696129
Take everything apart and clean it with compressed air. And put a pencil or something in the fans so you don't overspin them.

The same thing happened to me the other week when I quickly used a brush to get the dust out.
I think I accidently forced some fine dust particles between the contacts of the graphics card because I was getting graphical failures and stuff for a while until I cleaned it more carefully.
>>
File: 1453286230127.jpg (21 KB, 397x331) Image search: [Google]
1453286230127.jpg
21 KB, 397x331
>I used a hair dryer to blow some dust of my PC

Is this an ebin meme?
>>
Guy I baked my computer in the oven and now it won't work.
Help me /g/ im to poor to afford a new computer.
>>
/g/ is not your personal tech support
>>
OP here, i fixed it
Just had to remove and put back again the ram.
>>
>>53696129
did you use hot air or did you hit taht setting to blow cold air?
>>
Did you used the hair dryer with hot air? professional hair dryers has hot and cold switch.
>>
>>53696290
You have money for smartphone with camera and money for internet on your smartphone but no money for a decent computer - you should kill yourself.
>>
This belongs in the stupid questions general, but I am going to say that they make compressed air for a reason and you shouldnt use a hair dryer because of static electricity (?)
>>
>>53696311
>professional

kek, every one has had it for decades now

are you from poland or something?
>>
>>53696554
That's probably why re-seating the RAM worked. Static build up on the motherboard.
>>
>hair dryer

You killed your PC with ESD.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.