[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hi customer >we changed our privacy policy and toc and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: ZPaNzOT.gif (1 MB, 231x191) Image search: [Google]
ZPaNzOT.gif
1 MB, 231x191
>hi customer
>we changed our privacy policy and toc and required by law to send you this notice
>no clear explanation why and a diff of the changes
>account deleted

I did not even know I had a UPlay account, oh well
>>
>>53694256
>>>/v/
>>
>>53694262
thank you, will discuss privacy issues on /v/
>>
>>53694256
You need a Uplay account to play Ubisoft games from Steam. I think it stores saved games on the cloud, which is pretty good.
>>
>>53694452
There is nothing good about uplay
>>
>>53694452
>>53694488
I did not even know I had that, it is besides the point.

I'm getting lots of similar emails recently and I would expect services to give me a detailed breakdown why they are changing their policies and how the changes going to effect me. At least give me a diff, sure you have your docs in a vcs, don't you? Do you expect reasonable people to read your 100 pages of utter bs and notice the subtle change in wording that gives you unlimited control over my data?

When the older files are accessible e.g. in pdf I used to extract them and diff myself, but it is tedious and error prone, so I just defaulted to delete any accounts when I'm not provided with the necessary information and created this thread to raise awareness and encourage others to do so.
>>
>>53694578
>we are required by law
It says it all in the OP, really. They don't give a shit about you knowing their TOS, they assume you never read them anyway. They're gonna do the bare minimum that is legally allowed and happily get on with their business.
>>
>>53695061
it was my editing, they don't articulate it like this

now just imagine they are not required to do that anymore, it is a pull model from now on and the users responsibility to follow these changes
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.