[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project for unused coding skills
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 20131213204745.png (17 KB, 649x360) Image search: [Google]
20131213204745.png
17 KB, 649x360
Do you have spare time and don't know what to do? Want to use those coding skills you have? We got you covered.

DynaHack is a version of Nethack, a roguelike text based game with a lot of features and many players in Linux and Windows. The main developer has taken vacations for the moment and welcomes anyone who wants to continue the development of his work.
https://github.com/tung/DynaHack
https://tung.github.io/DynaHack/

Do you have other interesting projects you want to share? This is pretty much the thread for it!
>>
Op is this anywhere near as fun as doomrl
>>
>>53689581
Is one of the most played anon. Do you want more recommendations, you are lucky! Ask here >>>/vg/136310361
>>
If this gets some /g/ people to start posting in /rlg/ I have no complaints, but jesus man you're too hasty.
>>
>>53689581
I think NetHack's fun, yeah
>>
>>53689648
>le blind optimist face
>>
>>53689567
Why would I contribute to your fork, instead of the original Nethack?
>>
>>53689686
It's not his fork
>>
>>53689705
then why is he shilling it?
>>
why doesn't /g/ just make its own fork of nethack?
a little gnuhack?
>>
>>53689686
Also Dynahack was about the second or third most popular fork in the long, long time without Nethack updates
>>
>>53689715
Because he wants to start a fork off Dynahack
>>
>>53689715
Selfless motivation?
>>53689737
lolno
>>
>>53689756
You literally said that on /vg/
I mean, you have to be honest. Even if you get people into doing this, they'll find out they weren't being told the whole truth as soon as they started doing any actual code or even before that.
>>
>>53689795
>told the whole truth
What? Nigga, is not being developed. This is a project without fixed developer.
>>
File: Goblin-Camp.png (131 KB, 1002x799) Image search: [Google]
Goblin-Camp.png
131 KB, 1002x799
Presenting another great project.
>Goblin Camp is a citybuilder roguelike game with economy and strategy elements released under the GPLv3. It is inspired by various and notorious games like Anno 1404, Dwarf Fortress and Dungeon Keeper.
https://libregamewiki.org/Goblin_Camp
>>
>>53689795
Not responding to >>53689819
This is what happens when you try to be edgy.
>>
>>53689686
AFAIK the dev team is pretty closed and pretty slow, there is a reason why there, like, 80 forks of NetHack.
>>
>>53689916
It even has the DF color scheme / certain ASCII representing certain things going on.
>>
>>53689819
>>53689948
Actually I just stopped checking the thread
What you're saying makes no sense. You can't continue the project without forking it unless you get in touch with the actual dev, and you literally -LITERALLY- responded with "Yeah" when asked if you were going to ask /g/ to make a Dynahack fork. But people were getting the impression you were the original dev.
>>
>>53690004
Lest you call me edgy again, here are the posts, though you actually said "Yup" and not "Yeah".
>>>/vg/136498000
>>>/vg/136498345
>>
>>53690004
Oh, I didn't notice that you meant a fork of DynaHack. You literally said "Nethack" dude >>>/vg/136498000
those trips don't lie.

Anyway, I get what you mean.
>>
Doesn't compile on arch because of ncurses.
Binaries don't run because of ncurses.
Into the trash.
>>
>>53690093
>complains
>doesn't want to collaborate
Way to go anon.
>>
>>53690093
>not using ncurses
>>
>>53690150
I am, but it doesn't build because the headers aren't in a certain directory.

Also, the game expects its files to be in a (non-hidden!) directory in my home folder.
>>
>>53690174
But that makes no sense. Are you sure you compiled before anon?
>>
>>53690174
Does Arch Linux have a ncurses-dev package?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.