[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I plan on majoring in CS when I go to college a few months from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image_0.jpg (123 KB, 640x887) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
123 KB, 640x887
I plan on majoring in CS when I go to college a few months from now. I don't know anything except for some very very basic HTML and I dabbled with Java.

Am I screwed for going in with just passion or will they teach me everything from the start?
>>
>>53686858
They will teach you everything from the start. It may be a good idea to look up the basics of python on something like codeacademy.
>>
You'll be fine. Stop asking here and do the work. Do study group or projects with decent classmates and don't be an autist.
>>
>>53686858
Blessed
>>
To me it looks like it's more important you are good at math than coding with CS.
>>
>>53687346
>>53687193
I just needed some outsiders views on how much I should know before I dive in.
Thanks.
>>
>>53686858
Teach yourself to the end. You'll figure out eventually that your uni can't teach you everything you need to know itself. Do your own projects, lots of them. Figure out what you enjoy making and focus on specializing in it.
>>
CS is a meme. good luck learning anything from professors that dont give a fuck
>>
>>53688271
But isn't it projected to be in a ton of demand in coming years?
>>
>>53688658
no. why? theres tons of pajeets
>>
>>53688695
But what else is there for someone who wants to create software/phone apps etc?
>>
>>53688734
browsing /g/ while drinking away the pain
>>
>>53688772
I can't drink
>>
File: 1426858342702.jpg (31 KB, 456x320) Image search: [Google]
1426858342702.jpg
31 KB, 456x320
>>53688780
then i guess theres only one thing to do
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.