[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dunno
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
Which programming language should I learn if I wanted to do .. penetration testing? And which OS is the best for doing stuff like that?
>>
>>53685429
x86 assembly and c
any unix, linux is easiest
>>
You're better off reading a lot of on Networking and TC/IP, then basic System Administration stuff, then familiarize yourself with the commons tools pentesters use. Programming is only useful if you can identify a need or a problem first. If you don't know what you're doing, you're not going be able to code some leet hax tools.

Seriously, just pirate some A+, Network+ and Security+ certification training materials from thepiratebay, and start studying. It's not as glamorous as you think.

"CBT Nuggets" and "Pluralsight" are both good publishers of video courses and literature which you can search for on whatever torrent tracker you'd like.
>>
>>53685537
Oh, and Kali Linux is a distro that comes with a bunch of common penetration testing utilities.
>>
that image isn't very funny
>>
>>53685512

radare2 is amazing if you want to use linux
>>
I have shitty sense of humor.
>>
>>53685429
never change /k/
>>
>>53685537
Not trying to be a 1337 haX0r or anything. I just want something more of a challenge rather than the bloody "Hello, World!" stuff I am beeing taught at school. But I guess you have to start somewhere, right? Thanks for the info, friend.
>>
>>53685731
wut?
>>
>>53685766
4chan has made me a cynical person, sorry
>>
>>53685774
oh, np.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.